Chapter 5: Auditions & Emotions

Since my first Drama club lesson, I've been gaining a lot more confidence when sharing ideas with my group. However, Auditions are today. I'm all prepared but really nervous too. This is my first big thing. What if it goes all wrong and all that hard work was just for nothing? What if they absolutely hated me and were pulling faces and marking a big Red Cross next to my name? I'm worrying to much, it probably won't go how I'm imagining it anyway. I've decided to sing 'Wildest Dreams' by Taylor Swift for my audition and to do the scene of Hermione meeting Harry Potter and Ron Weasley on the Hogwarts Express in the first Harry Potter film. I'm not the best at singing or acting but I'm going to give it shot and who knows what will come out of it!

It's 1:22 and my audition is at 1:25. I am really nervous now!!
"You'll do absolutely fine Chloe!" Said Kate, trying to calm me down.
" But what if I don't?! What if I make a fool of myself in front of all my teachers in that room!" I said.
" You won't make a fool of yourself. They know that you haven't done anything like this before and that it's your first time doing performing in front of people." Said Maisie.
" You see, we have all done stuff like this before and that's why we're not freaking out. You just need to take a few deep breaths and and walk in their looking confident and give it all you've got and that's what wins you the part!" Izzie said.
" Chloe Sugg! Your next! " Miss Ziegler called my name and I got up and gave my friends a quick hug and made my way over to Miss Ziegler.
I was petrified! I stood outside the door and took a few deep breaths and slowly opened the door. I've never been so scared of my music classroom before! I walked in with a fake smile on my face and tried to look as confident as I could. They were all smiling and looking shocked at my appearance.
" Hello Chloe! How are you?" My music teacher, Mr Miller, asked.
" I'm good actually. " I replied, my hands shaking slightly at the amount of adults in the room. There were about 15 of them, I'd say. All of which I knew. Sitting at the side was Learning manager and my head of year.
" Ok Chloe, so we know that this is your first audition and that this means a lot to you. Just keep calm and take a deep breath before you start. So what are you going to be singing for us today?"
" Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift " I said nervously.
" Lovely. Start when your ready..."
I took a deep breath. I began to sing quietly and gradually got louder throughout the song. They were smiling at me. They weren't marking red crosses next to my name like I thought they would. They were enjoying my performance.
Once I had gotten to the end of my song, everyone in the room clapped. I was really happy! I'd confronted my biggest fear. I didn't think I'd even be able to finish the song!
" That was absolutely beautiful Chloe! Did you know that you could sing like that? " said Miss Ziegler happily.
" No clue. That was the first time I've ever sung in front of someone, let alone about 15 people! I guess I just haven't had the confidence to do such a thing because my whole life my parents and siblings have never listened or talked to me. " I said.
" well, I think we have found our new little star!" Mr Miller said excitedly.
" so, are you ready for your second part of your audition? "
" ready as i'll ever be after doing that! " I said. I couldn't stop smiling! " would you mind reading the bits out that aren't highlighted please? " I asked.
" Of course I will! " said Miss Ziegler. " Ohh Harry Potter, My favourite! "
I began performing my Hermione scene and they seemed to love it! I was getting really into all of it now!
" Well Done Chloe! Your one of the best people we've seen so far! We will tell you what part you are doing in the show soon Thankyou very much! " said Mr Miller.
" Thankyou so much! " I said happily. I'd done it. I'D ACTUALLY DONE IT!! I didn't even know I could sing and act! WOW!

I went to find Kate, Izzie and Maisie and they all looked surprised when they saw me smiling. I started crying with happiness!
" Oh Chloe. How did it go? Kate asked.
" It went perfect! They said I was one of the best people they had seen so far! I didn't even know I could sing or act! "
" YES CHLOE!! WELL DONE GIRL!! See, you did have the confidence to do it! There was nothing to be worried about! " Maisie told me.

I can't wait to find out what part I get! This is going to be so exciting!
I felt amazing and after my friends had done their auditions, we went to get a McDonalds and StarBucks to celebrate!