Chapter 6: The Talk

When I got home, I wasn't greeted as usual. I went straight upstairs as fast as a cheetah and went into my room. I had to think about how to tell my parents about what I'd just done. They probably won't even believe me when I tell them because they know I'm very shy. Well, NOT ANY MORE!!
I heard footsteps coming towards my room and Joe walked into the room.
" what are you doing in here? Why didn't you knock? " I asked him, annoyed.
" mum and dad are asking to see you downstairs Chloe " he said to me.
I wonder what for. Mum and dad have never asked for me to talk to them before.
So I went downstairs into the living room and there was mum, dad, Zoë and Joe sitting on the sofa. I was so confused.
" Well Chloe, sit down. We want to ask you something." Mum said to me.
" we got an email from your school today about this school production that, apparently, you have signed up for. Is this true? " said dad.
" yeah it is, I had to do an audition and sing in front of my teachers and head of year. It was scary. They said I did brilliantly and that I was one if the best they had heard so far. I didn't even know I could sing because I was so shy. I didn't even think I'd last until the end of the song, but I did. And I also had to do an acting piece from Harry Potter and they liked that too. I was really proud of myself for taking part. " I said, hoping that they would be proud too.
" Chloe. They have sent us the part they have given you. It says the show is called Les Misérables, you know that French musical, and that your going to be playing Cosette who is one of the main characters. Congratulations Chloe." said mum.
I couldn't believe it. I was going to be playing my favourite character from Les Misérables and my parents just congratulated me. Could this day get any better?!
" Thankyou, I can't believe it. And, um, can I talk to you about something that's very important to me? " I asked. This is it. I'm going to tell them how I feel.

~ ~ ~ ~
Chloe's Speech

" Umm. Mum, dad, Zoë and Joe. When I was born, I was happy and had a loving family. I absolutely loved all of you to pieces and you loved me too, or that's how it seemed. Zoe you used to cuddle me and give me kisses and place me in my cot to go to sleep at night and I was a very happy baby. But then when I was 3 you all seemed to drift away from me all of a sudden. I didn't understand what was going on. And as I've got older you have all seemed to ignore me and not talk to me. And since you started writing your blog Zoë and both you and Joe starting making youtube videos, mum and dad have told me to stay away and not get involved. You have never mentioned me in any of your videos, you've never blogged when I'm around, I'm never in any of your videos and never mentioned in your blog. And I just wanted to ask why I'm treated in a such a horrific way?! I'm just sick and tired or being treated like a piece of rubbish all the time! So please, I beg you. Please spend more time with and talk to me more. I'd be so happy! Ive had to spend about 11 years of living with no one to talk to except from Kate! I don't want to make her feel like she has to look after me all the time because she will end up getting annoyed with me drift away like you did. So please come back to me. I love you all. "
They all looked sorry for me. Zoe was the first to speak.
" Chloe, I'm so sorry. I, we, didn't know that you felt that way. " she got up and gave me a hug.
" and we are sorry too. We promise to spend more time with you. What about we go and get a KFC or something for dinner? "
Although I'd already had a mcdonalds today, I couldn't miss this opportunity with my family.
" and when we get back, I'll make a video with you if you like?! We can do a Q&A! " said Zoë.
I was so happy! They have all finally thought about including me in things!
" That would be brilliant Zoë! " I said happily. I couldn't contain my excitement!
" and, if you want, we can make a video for my gaming channel. We can play Slender! That would be funny! " Joe asked.
' I would love to do that Joe! "
" I'm so happy now guys! Thankyou so much! " I said, relieved that I wouldn't have to go back to being shy and unhappy.
" seeing you are now happy and have gained confidence, why not open up your own Youtube account! " said Dad
I was shocked.
" I'll think about it over dinner! " I said. Obviously I was going to do it!
" let's go and get some Kentucky Fried Chicken!! " Dad said.
I am so happy I talked to them about my feelings because now I know my life will be much better!