Chapter 1: How It All Began

This is the sequel to Past, Present, Future, but it actually happened before it?  We begin our story when they were 16, (Asta and Noelle) and I'm sorry, but I do not have access to the manga, so it's really just up to date with the anime, filler arcs not included. And if you read Past, Present, Future and you know what happens, please don't spoil it for others. :) Enjoy!

Asta POV

Asta groaned and woke up, opening his eyes and accustoming to the bright dusty sunlight pouring through the window. He sighed and tugged on his old boots, changed into his regular outfit and opened the door only to be face to face with a certain silver-haired girl. Noelle's arms were crossed, and she scowled.

"About time, sleeping beauty," she said, rolling her eyes and walking out of the boy's wing of the Black Bull's headquarters. Asta frowned. She usually didn't try to wake him up, he usually woke up before her, but he guessed he had slept in this time. Asta followed the young Silva and scratched the back of his head. 

              The ash-blonde boy sat down at the table and looked up to meet one of Charmy's sheep, who handed him a dish. That was also strange to him. Charmy never gave up food. Well, not really but she really valued it. It was an omelette, stuffed with veggies and cut sausage. He was about to eat, but something poked his head.

"Use utensils, you commoner," Noelle scoffed and handed him a fork and a knife. Grinning, Asta took the tools and ate his fair share. The food just kept on coming, and he ate it all.

 "Good thing you have such a great appetite, la!" Charmy exclaimed as she stuffed her face full of delicious fresh cooked goods. 

Asta blinked as electric magic zapped across his vision and a laugh echoed across the room. Lucky grinned and stopped, and opened a cup of chocolate pudding, took a spoon and ate it all. Magna came in with his fire bat.

"Where are you you scum?" The fire mage growled. Luck giggled and said, 

"I ate your pudding, Magna!" Magna scowled and said 

"You'll pay for that you!" He dashed toward the electric-happy boy who smiled and dashed around with the empty cup in his hand. Magna shot a fired ball, and smashed into front wall, plumes of smoke billowing up from the front door. 

"Magna! You ruined the door!" Luck laughed and shot around, taunting about the empty pudding cup in his hand. Magna trailed off shouting curses as they ran outside to fight over a single cup of the chocolate sweet dessert. 

"Alright, time go," Noelle called, and pulled Asta by the collar of his Black Bulls cape, and trudged out the 'door' which was now a hole in the wall thanks to the electric and fiery duo. (Sound familiar?)

She dumped him on his broom and took off at a high speed, and Asta called out, from the back of the broom,

"Where are we going?" he cried as Noelle dodged a high tree, swinging him from side to side.

"Baka, we have a mission in the dungeon, remember?" Noelle huffed, surprised he forgot. The anti-magic user just whispered and 'oh' and remained surprisingly silent as he was thrown around from the speed of the broom. They sped past towns filled with people selling goods, and houses topped with red bricks, fields of corn and leafy plants. Then they landed safely, and Noelle gracefully hopped off her broom, dusted off her skirt, and walked to the mouth of a cave.

Asta, still puzzled, walked in a daze to the entrance. Green trees carved in from the side and grass was forgotten under the brown boots. He rubbed his eyes, walked foreward and stood by Noelle's side, staring into the black abyss. His eyes were betraying him, slowly closing, and he found himself leaning on the sliver haired girl's shoulder.