Chapter 1: Yes, I do!

Elsie POV

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The silk Cady fabric clutched my figure perfectly while the 3D beaded floral that sewed on the top of the white gown made it a bit revealing, giving the effect of see-through on my skin. I turned to look over my shoulder and the long-tailed of the gown that sprawled on the ground made a smile crept on my face. I felt like a princess that lived in a fairy tale today.

The make-up team left me alone in the room, giving me some personal space after they had done their important job on my appearance. I bet everyone was busy with their last touch on the wedding preparation while I sat in the room with my thumping heart. I missed my dad at times like this and the sad thing is that I don't even know who will walk me down the aisle. Probably, Alex or one of Dexter's men since no one from my family nor friends will come, not even Lucas.

I was snapped back to reality and I quickly brushed my sadness away at the moment I heard someone knocking on the door. Without knowing who the person is, nevertheless, I guaranteed the permission to enter.

"You can come in," I said with my voice raised a bit, make sure to be heard.

The person in front of me made my checks immediately shade in pink. Sometimes, I hate the effect that he had on me, but he seems to enjoy it.

"Dexter, why are you here?" My heart was thumping crazily, but I still managed to ask him the question, without stammering which made me grateful a lot.

He doesn't say anything but the look in his eyes was enough to send the message. He stared at me with an intense look as if he hasn't met me for decades.

"You're incredibly stunning, love." He finally spoke when he reached in front of me. The heel on my legs made me taller than normal days, which I don't really need to lift my head to look at his face.

"You're incredibly sexy, boyfriend." I purposely pressed on the last word which made him chuckle at it. "We are not allowed to meet each other as per old tradition, remember?" I reminded him playfully, my hands rested on his chest that covered by the black tux.

"Screw the tradition, I don't even care about people who attend the wedding. I'm having the urge to skip all the procedures and go straight with the first-night thingy." I almost choked hearing his bold statement. I'm sure my face was in crimson red now.

"For God's sake, Dexter, that's not something that you can say out loud like this." I break the eye contact and turn around, but Dexter being Dexter won't allow that to happen, as always. His strong arms engulfing my waist and I couldn't do anything as the gown just made it impossible for me to move freely.

"I see my wife turn to be a shy little girl." I saw a smirk at the edge of his lips, enjoying the state that I was in now.

"Correction, I'm not your wife yet and I'm not a little girl." I retorted with my hands that were rested on his hips.

"Few more minutes, be ready for that." I couldn't help but smile at the fact.

"Why is that face now?" He inquired, noticing the sudden change of my expression.

"Who will walk me down the aisle? I don't have anyone." I mumbled in a low tone, but make sure he can still catch the words.

"Don't worry about that, love. You will see it later." He pecked my lips, reassuring me.

"Boss, everything is ready now. They are waiting for you."

A voice outside the room interrupted our conversation and we both turned around and looked at the door even though we can't see the person behind. He gave me a look and caressed my cheek before strode to the door. I stared at his masculine back till it disappeared from my sight.