1.2 Ambitious Villainess

"Mother, father, brother good morning."

"Good morning sweetie did you have a good rest, you must have been very tired after you were given the title of princess yesterday." The duchess said while warmly smiling at her. Aliore's heart felt warm as she thought this kind and caring woman was now her mother. She had never had had a proper one before.

" Good morning sweetheart, the Chefs cooked your favourites today." The duke said while pointing to a table full of delicious food. There was: french toast topped with sugar, syrup and fruit; breakfast hash with chorizo and eggs and even lemon+blueberry pancake poppers.

 There was: french toast topped with sugar, syrup and fruit;  breakfast hash with chorizo and eggs and even lemon+blueberry pancake poppers

The only one who didn't greet her was her 'brother'

The only one who didn't greet her was her 'brother'. The original Roselyn would think nothing of it as she thought he was just shy and didn't like to speak and despite Aliore knowing the truth she decided to do the same.

"Brother please pass the syrup to me." Aliore asked a small plan brewing in her mind as she thought of the injustice inflicted onto her family by this so-called 'brother'. As expected he did not and simply ignored her.

'Now to put those acting lessons to work' Aliore thought, smirking inwardly.

Her cutlery fell on the table creating a harsh sound as it it collided with the wood and so successfully bringing all the attention to her. Her eyes began to well with tears as she began to sob. Worried her parents got up and tried to comfort her, desperately asking what was wrong. Pointing a shaking finger at Kyle(her brother) she stood up, her body still trembling due to her crying before.

Glaring at Kyle she began to speak but even her voice trembled, "You...why are you like this. When have I ever hurt you, I even helped you but ALL YOU DO IS TREAT ME LIKE AIR, LIKE A DETESTABLE BUG, WHENEVER I TRIED TO PLAY WITH YOU WHEN WE WERE LITTLE OR TALK TO YOU, EVEN WHEN I GAVE UP MY POSITION AS THE RIGHTFUL HEIR!""WHY DO YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS..why..." and then she collapsed onto the ground and passed out.

Panicking the Duke ordered the butler to call the royal doctor and gestured to the maids to carry Aliore out. The Duchess hugged Aliore's unconcious body and when the maids lifted her she followed behind but only after telling the other servants to lock Kyle up in his room until she said so.

Dumbfounded Kyle was whisked away to be put in house arrest, by the time he finally processed what happened the servants had already barricaded his door.

As the maids laid Aliore on her bed, she slowly opened her eyes. The Duchess unable to contain her relief clutched her daughters hands, at the same time the Duke ran in with a hagard looking doctor. Quickly the doctor checked her pulse followed by other examinations and came to a conclusion.

"It's nothing to fear, she simply fainted out of extreme sadness, as long as she does not experience any grief in the next couple of days she will be very healthy again."

As both her parents processed the doctor words, Aliore decided to open her mouth. "Mother, father I am sorry to worry you both."

Instantly The Duchess's face became teary as she looked at her dear daughter. The Duke spoke first.

"Never say that, you know you are the most important part of our lives!"

The Duchess chimed in too as she saw Aliore's small smile. "Don't worry dear, we will teach that Kyle a good lesson." an evil glint passed through the duchess's eyes.

"No mother, maybe I just expected too much." Inwardly Aliore was celebrating, she would like to see how Kyle would escape this trap, if he even could!

"Mother, I wish to calm down and pray at the temple for the next few days so I can enjoy the happiness as I reflect on those I'm grateful for."

Of course the duke and duchess could not bear to say no.

.............................................................................................................

A well rested Aliore set off for the temple the next day. Waving goodbye to her parents she embraced herself for the next step of her plan. Maybe even the most important part.