Search

Rhea walked along with the others, trailing behind with Azara. They were searching the city for Aang's flying bison, Appa. Rhea wanted to help, but she still felt out of place in their group, like it was wrong for her to be there. She wasn't like them. She wasn't a hero.

"We'll cover more ground if we split up." Sokka was saying. "Toph... I guess you better come with me."

"Why?" She shouted. "Because you don't think I can hang up posters on my own." She grabbed the brush out of Sokka's bucket and smeared glue on the wall before slamming one of their posters onto the wall backwards. "It's upside down, isn't it." She sighed. "I'll just go with Sokka."

Katara approached Rhea with a pile of posters and an extra bucket of glue. "We really appreciate your help."

Rhea accepted the stack of papers. "Of course. It's the least I can do after trying to kill you."

Katara gave her a warm smile. "Still. Thank you."

Rhea nodded. "No problem."

Rhea and Azara walked the streets of the city, plastering the walls with posters.

There was a loud splash like a wave of water crashing against a rocky shore. Katara.

Dropping the bucket of glue, Rhea swung herself onto Azara's back and spurred the armadillo-wolf forward. They arrived just after the others.

Katara had cornered a boy with shaggy brown hair and dark eyes in an alley. Spikes of ice pinned him to the wall.

"I'm here to help you find Appa." He let one of the posters unfurl in his hand.

Toph made sure the boy - Jet - wasn't lying as he told them his story.

He had come to Ba Sing Se after a falling out with a group called the Freedom Fighters. Since then he'd been living in the city.

"He's telling the truth." Toph affirmed.

"I can help you." Jet insisted.

"Fine." Katara relented. "but I've got my eye on you."

They followed Jet to an abandoned warehouse near the outskirts of the middle ring.

"I heard this guy talking about a giant creature he had locked up here." Her explained as they opened the door to reveal... an empty building.

"You lied to us." Katara accused.

"I'm not. I swear." Jet stepped away from Katara.

A man swept the floor. "They took that beast away last night. Said they were taking it to Whale Tail Island."

Sokka pulled out a map and I rolled it on the floor. He groaned. "Whale Tail Island is almost half way around the world." He traced the arch with his finger. "And we can't exactly fly there."

Rhea elbowed him in the ribs.

"What?" He rubbed the sore spot.

Rhea nodded towards Aang.

"Oh, right. Sorry." He amended.

Aang stared at the tufts of white fur on the floor. "Looks like we're going to Whale Tail Island."

They marched out of the warehouse as a group.

Azara's tail wagged wildly when she spotted Rhea. The door had been too small for her to fit.

Rhea froze and looked back. The door was too small for Azara to fit. How'd they get a flying bison in there. Unless... they never did. She whirled to tell the others, but they had company.

Two odd-looking teenagers spoke emphatically, telling Aang and the others that Jet had been arrested by the Di Li.

"I don't get it." Toph stood between Jet and a girl with short hair and red face paint. "They're both telling the truth."

"That's impossible." Aang looked from Jet to the girl.

Things escalated quickly and soon, they'd kidnapped Jet and tied him to a chair in an empty apartment.

Rhea leaned against the wall in the corner as the others interrogated him.

Katara coated her hands in water that glowed softly and touched the sides of Jet's head. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

He gasped as he opened his eyes. "I... I remember." He looked at them. "They took me to a base under the water."

"Didn't Ju Dee say something about Lake Laogai." Sokka remembered.

"That's it." Jet confirmed. "Lake Laogai."

A/N
I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost all motivation to write this story. I AM SO SORRY!!!!
That being said. I'm not sure when I'll get the next chapter out, but hopefully it won't take as long.
Hopefully, you still found this chapter interesting, even after so long.
Thanks to those who have stuck with it. I appreciate you.
-Cheshire