chapter 7: Rat

I finally woke up from my troublesome sleep. A dream was still stuck in my mind. A dream of me killing none stop. A dream of blood and deaths.. it made me shiver, I didn't want this...but I had to do it.

James and Nova were already reaching their limit. Eyebags formed underneath their eyes as they looked down at the ground. They looked worn out like they've been doing something since we slept.

"You two look like a mess...." I said as nova looked up to me and smiled gently

"Hehe...yeah...we are tired..." He said as James smirked as well before shaking his head slightly.

  "I'm going off to bed before I collapse...oh? Looks like Devan is up as well" James said as I looked behind me to see Devan standing and stretching.

"You two look like you had a fight with a gorilla" Devan smirked which caused Nova to chuckle as he got up and went to bed as well.

I stood up and walked towards Devan before holding his hand as we walked towards the door and looked at everyone.
I went into thoughts instantly.
From 10 down to 7 and more would follow and my heart didn't feel heavy whenever I killed them. I guess I really wasn't human anymore. It still baffled me that one could altar an individual's DNA like this. My body had gotten stronger, bigger in....certain areas and I felt 10x better than how I had been since I was born.
I stared at my hands, the same hands that has been stained in blood.

Devan noticed my worried look and held my hand before he smiled gently. I blushed slightly, it had been a while since I saw him smile honestly.

"Don't worry....we will make it out..." He said gently, a reassurance probably.

I heaved a gentle sigh before squeezing his hand gently
"........I hope so..."

I walked out of the room and towards the hallway, further back before removing my shirt as I summoned my tentacles again. My eyes had turned midnight while white veins grew towards the bright white pupil. I was looking at a nearby mirror which gave me a clear picture of how I really looked...a monster...

Devan walked up behind me with his shirt off. Both his eyes were changed as well. he leaned down towards my neck and planted gentle kisses as he interweaves his tentacles with mine. My breath was getting heavy but I held back the Lust. Now wasn't a time for that.

Just as things were about to heat up, I asked him to stop. This wasn't the time and place. He nodded but still kissed my neck before letting go.
I smiled gently before my senses kicked in. Someone was watching.

I looked towards the door and saw someone quickly backing away from sight. But I managed to see who it was.
It looked like Selena saw us.

I quickly retract my tentacles back inside, my eyes going back to normal as I ran for the door. Looking inside, I scanned for anyone who had changed position. But that wasn't possible. I heaved a sigh after scanning again before making a tsk sound.

We need to be careful...someone saw us...I think it was Selena....
I said as Devan came towards me looking inside as well

  Then we will have to kill her next...can't risk it...
Devan said which made me whince a bit.

No need...knowing Selena...she will want to find out completely first. If she is the one I'll know...
I answered him as he nodded gently.

After that incident. We just talk about something else... something that wouldn't cause us that problem again.

***************************************

Soon enough it was morning, my eyes slid open gently as I groaned then stretched. Some of the bedrolls were already packed up, some still sleeping.