Bruises

Charlie walks to the store by his house to pick up some things he needed, but stops when he recognizes a few guys from his high school.

He turns quickly hoping they didn't notice him.

High school was a living hell for Charlie. In his second year he was outed as gay. His best friend had told the whole school. Charlie felt betrayed and scared at the same time. The two years after that he constantly got bullied and wherever he went he was called the 'gay boy' by many of the students.

Not all the children were bad, a lot of them were actually supportive.

There was one group of guys in particular who picked on him the worst, and it just so happened that a few of them were the ones in the store with him.

When he was outed was when his parents also found out. They were hysteric and that's when the harsh disowning began. Of course Charlie never told Sam this. He only told Sam about the parts of them being disappointed in Charlie's job, but what was even worse was the constant comments about him being gay.

Charlie turns quickly making his way to the back of the store and quickly grabs a box of cereal. As he turns around he is met by one of the boys.

"Well looky here if it isn't the famous gay boy from our high school." Charlie froze in place as the other boys began to gather around him. "Wow it really is him!" Another one of them said.

"So, are you still gay?" Charlie slowly nods and tries to walk away. The boys let him walk away but quickly keep up behind him. Suddenly Charlie gets pulled into an ally way by his house.

"Are you attracted to any of us." Charlie shakes his head quickly tying to get away from them. These guys did not play nice. They were the physical bullies who constantly used to beat up Charlie. Charlie never understood why they cared so much in the first place. He was the quiet kid after all, he never even drew attention to himself.

"What are we not good enough for your gay standards?" They all start snickering as they gather around Charlie. "N-no that's not what I mean. P-please let me g-go."

One of the boys raised their hand at Charlie and drew it along his face leaving a bright red mark. "Why don't you ever learn? Don't you understand that being gay is a sin?" They continued to hit Charlie a few more times, one of them landing in his side.

Charlie didn't even try to fight back. At this point he was used to this behavior. How could he ever expect anyone to accept him? Every time he told someone he was gay they left him and disowned him. Or even worse they treated him like these guys.

After a while the guys got tired and walked off leaving Charlie curled up on the ground. His cereal box was crushed in the process. Charlie groans as he gets up and feels the pain in his body.

They kicked him in the side once and he could tell it was going to hurt for a while. Besides that they mostly hit him in the face but didn't do much more.

Charlie takes out his phone and looks In the camera to see the huge bruise on his cheek. How am I going to explain this to Sam....

Sighing Charlie gets up and begins to walk home.

_________

Sam calls Charlie realizing that he hasn't talked to him all day. After a few rings Charlie picks up. "Hey Sam, what's up?" Charlie's voice sounds quiet and sad. This begins to worry Sam.

"Can I come over?"

"No!" Charlie quickly spouts out which worries Sam even more. "Why?"

"Um...uh I-I'm not home." This was obviously a lie sense Sam could literally see the house lights on from where he was sitting.