Sick

Charlie groans when he wakes up to feel Sam not by his side. The two had been living together for a month now, a year into them dating.

Charlie begins to get up to find Sam, who is probably running or making breakfast like the morning person he is, until Charlie suddenly feels the pain he was in.

He wasn't surprised by this, he had actually been feeling sick all week. Charlie was a fairly weak person, but he did have a strong immune system. This meant he didn't get sick often, but when he did it was so intensely painful.

When Charlie was sick he was not the nicest person to be around....he was constantly in a shitty mood and would snap at people. This always startled everyone sense Charlie was one of the sweetest people they knew.

His throat is burning and he has a raging headache. Great I'm still sick. He looked at the date to see that it was streaming day, meaning that Sam would be busy soon. Not that it would matter sense Sam was pissed off at him for being a jerk, and in all honesty Charlie couldn't blame him.

Sam had just thought Charlie was being like this because he was stressed, and it was really starting to piss him off to the point that he didn't want to be around Charlie.

Charlie had hid the fact that he was sick the whole time. Constantly making up excuses and avoiding topics. Since Sam was pissed off at Charlie anyways he mostly ignored him. Making it more impossible for him to realize his boyfriend was sick.

Instead of going to find Sam, Charlie wraps himself back into his blanket trying to fall back asleep. His raging headache had kept him up most of the night. Charlie didn't even think he would be able to get out of bed at this point.

________

Sam walks back in the bedroom after his run only to find Charlie still in bed. Sure Charlie wasn't a morning person, but he never sleeps in this late.

Sam softly shook Charlie's shoulder. "Charlie? Why are you still in bed?"

"Hm?" Charlie mumbles slowly rubbing his eyes to look up at Sam. "I'm tired." He says, Sam knew this was a lie. They had gone to bed pretty early and Charlie usually slept well.

"How can you still be tired?"

"I don't know.." Charlie buried his face into the pillow. "Charlie I know something is wrong, spit it out."

Charlie groans and turns back to face Sam. "Leave me alone you're being annoying." Charlie is shocked at his own words. Sure he was cranky, and sure his head was throbbing and the noise wasn't helping, but he didn't have to say that.

"Fine you know what have it your way. You've been acting unreasonable all week. I'm going to stream, so when you're finally done with this come find me." Sam walks out of the room slightly slamming the door making Charlie jump.

He felt instant regret at what he said. Charlie didn't mean it...he just didn't want to be fussed over. Charlie had always been independent since he was little and didn't feel the need to rely on others. He knew if he told Sam, Sam would be all over him.
_________

Sam was annoyed by the way Charlie was acting and slightly pissed off. Okay maybe more then slightly.

All week Charlie has made rude comments to Sam. Once he even said 'fuck off' which almost made Sam gasp. Charlie wasn't the type to cuss often and the look of pure anger startled Sam.

Sam just didn't understand why Charlie was suddenly being an asshole. Sam hasn't done anything wrong.

Sam tries to push the thoughts away and focus on setting up his stream.

_______

Throughout the stream he felt himself constantly forcing a smile. He didn't want to but he couldn't help but think about Charlie. What if Charlie was getting tired of their relationship?

They've been dating for a year now. What if he's just lost feelings? The thoughts only worry Sam more as he tries to keep up a front on stream.

Suddenly his office door opens and Charlie begins to walk in. Charlie looks miserable and was in one of Sam's huge sweatshirts and some shorts. Sam quickly mutes his mic and turns his camera so it wouldn't land on Charlie. "Charlie what are you doing?" Charlie approaches Sam almost getting in camera view.

The fans didn't know that Charlie and Sam were dating, let alone that they were living together. Sam was fine with telling them but he knew Charlie still wasn't that comfortable with coming out yet.

"Charlie stop the fans are going to see you. What do you need?"

"You." Charlie mumbles out. He moves into camera view and jumps onto Sam's lap, placing his arms around his neck and his head on Sam's shoulder. "Charlie oh my god!"

The chat begins to go wild.

-'is that Charlie??!?'
-'why is he in your house?'
-'are they dating?'
-'is that Sam's sweatshirt?'

The last one made him look down at Charlie again to see his sweatshirt. Charlie was really short so the sweatshirt was huge on him, practically covering his shorts.

"Charlie are you going to get up? I thought you were annoyed by me."

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it."

Sam sighs, "it's okay, I know you're probably just stressed, now can you please get up? Do you want the fans to find out?"

"I don't care anymore." Charlie groans nuzzling further into Sam's lap. Sam runs a hand through his hair confused by what is happening.

Suddenly he notices the dampness of Charlie's hair and runs a hand through it again.

"Charlie are you sweating?"

"...yeah." Quickly Sam presses his hand against Charlie's burning forehead. "Charlie! You have a fever? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry...didn't want...to...worry. C-can I sleep? Please." His words are mumbled as he slowly begins to drift into sleep. Sam knew that the boy probably wasn't able to sleep well last night. "Okay okay." He says as he rubs his back.

The boy begins to slowly drift further into sleep from the warmness of Sam.

Sam attention is drawn back to the chat and he quickly unmutes. "Uh sorry about that guys. It seems that my boyfriend is sick." He freezes at what he said instantly regretting it.

-'awwww yay'
-'you two are so cute!'
-'since when have u two been dating?'
-'boyfriends?!??'

The chat relieves some of his regret seeing how supportive they all are. "Yeah sorry guys I probably won't be streaming for much longer."

It's trouble at first but Sam gets use to playing his game with Charlie in his lap, carefully trying not to wake his sick boyfriend up. It was obvious that the boy hadn't gotten much sleep lately. Sam felt instant regret that he didn't realize Charlie was sick earlier.

Sam looked down at Charlie to see him clinging tightly. Sam was used to this, Charlie was usually a very cuddly person. His boyfriend  was sort of like a koala bear most of the time, always clinging to Sam. Most people probably would find it annoying, and at times Sam did, but most of the time he found it adorable.

"Okay guys! I'm sorry the stream is ending a little early but I hope you all can understand! I'll see you next week and make sure to subscribe!" After waving goodbye he ends the stream and leans back in his chair.

He looks down to see his boyfriend totally out of it. Sam was just glad he could sleep peacefully. "Hey babe." Sam says softly nudging the boy awake.

"Hm?"

"You can't sleep all day. How about you take some medicine and I can make you something to eat okay?" Charlie nods still clutched to Sam.

"You're going to have to let me go so I can get up." Charlie quickly shakes his head, at this Sam sighs. "Fine fine have it your way." Sam stands up and supports Charlie's back as he continues to cling to Sam.

"I'm really sorry for snapping at you I just felt like crap. Thank you for letting me sleep...I love you." Sam smiles, placing a soft kiss on his boyfriend's head. " I love you too."