21

@mybabydallaswinston is the reason why this book is continuing, they were the source of the idea for these next chapters, so please go and follow them :)

Jacqueline

"Lookin' nice sweetheart!" some guy called after me as I walked past the shady part of town. I was walking home from school and there's always this one part I don't like going through alone. It's secluded, dark, and Susan's older sister starts getting jittery when we walk by it. I didn't even bother looking towards the guy, it'd be a waste of time. I continued walking, my eyes directly in front of me and the grip on my backpack tight.

"Hey!" as if he had teleportation powers or something, some guy was in front of me. He obviously wasn't sober and definitely under age. He only looked about a year older than I. He had greased back curly hair matched with tattered jeans and a black leather jacket. Most definitely a greaser.

"You should respond when someone acknowledges you," he said, approaching me, coming closer and closer and as he did so I backed away more and more.

"What are you mute or somethin'?" he asked. He was scary, taller than me by 6 inches. His teeth reminded me of a great white shark.

"Maybe someone ought to teach ya a lesson?" my eyes went wide and I knew exactly what he was talking about. I slipped my backpack off and in a moment of panic hit him on the side with it. He stumbled back, it was the last day before Thanksgiving break. Meaning every single textbook I owned was in this backpack.

"Get lost!" I screamed, but he must of had some sort of composure, because he lunged at me again, grabbing for my shirt. He needed a nail clipper, because even through the polo fabric he managed to scratch me real good. I hit him again and almost got away, but he hastily grabbed me by the wrist, spun me around, and punched me in the jaw. It only hurt a little bit, seeing as he was trying to regain his balance at the same time. I hit him one final time and ran, the sound of my Mary Jane's clicking against the pavement seeming to drown out his screams about how I was a 'uppity nigger', and that 'I was lucky he even wanted me.'

I got home in record time that day, 6 minutes.

Ponyboy

I was going to kill Curly. I was just walking home from school, I had forgotten my track clothes and coach had allowed me to go get them real quick. He was bothering some girl, nothing new. I was a little surprised, I thought he was still in reform school. He supposedly got doubled time because he was fighting everyone in sight, but he must've gotten out real recently. I was going to keep walking until I noticed the girl was black and it clicked, it was Jacqueline.

"What the hell are you doin' Curly?" I asked him, Jacqueline had just rounded the corner from running and now Curly was all by himself, yelling after her. Sounding pretty pathetic to be quite honest.

"Ponyboy? Oh man that bitch, I was just tryin' to have a good time and she hit me with her school bag or somethin'." he recounted, gripping the side of his stomach. That wasn't how I saw it at all.

"Why'd you do that though man?" I asked him, he looked at me like I was the crazy one.

"Why're you defending her so much? She's a nigger, waste of breath." That was what set me off. I punched him square in the jaw. Maybe it was because he was drunk or maybe he was a way worse fighter than I remembered, but he was down in seconds. He stopped trying to fight after a few good punches and I stopped. I got up and continued my walk home to get my track stuff. I tried to think up a good lie if Tim got news that I fought his brother and Darry asked me about it.

authors note:
sorry that this one is so short, i just want to get a chapter out soon :)