12| I love you Clay

A/N- thought I would include the fact that the first chapter has 609 veiws. That sounds so weird, like I'm a yter or sum-

Alr anyways writing is my way of coping through pain so enjoy this chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------
~Y/N POV~

Fingers brushed against my bloodied skin, as they began to wipe away the dirt dug deep into the sensitive, and raw flesh. I winced at the pain, causing the hand to be pulled back.

"You okay?" The man asked, as his green eyes stared back at mine, concerned, loving eyes they were. I could get lost in them, I was clearly distracted, as the man noticed immediately.
"Like what you see?" He said, teasingly.

I shook my head, embarrassed as he chuckled. I was weak, for everything he did. He was perfect, he was the love of my life. Whether I decided it, or not. I was his, and he was mine. That was something I had never thought I wanted, and maybe still don't want, but for him I would change my mind. I had never wanted to depend on anyone, always be my own, never to be taken by someone else, mentally that is. But for him, that's all I've ever wanted, it's all I had ever dreamed of. And that was okay.

Dream finished wiping away the dried blood his once best friend caused. George and Sapnap were not the people Dream had once known. George maybe, but Sapnap was different now, I had changed him. Without knowing, his love for me changed his perception of living, his veiw on friendships, and his veiw of everything else he loved, was changed. All because of me, I couldn't help but feel terribly. I remind myself it wasn't my fault, that it happened because that's just how Sapnap is, but the overwhelming feeling of hatred for myself took over my thoughts as I constantly overthought if it was my fault Dream had lost his best friend. I ruin everything. I thought, looking down at my scuffed combat boots.

"Hey, no you don't, why would you ever think that?" My face was cradled by the man who said these words, a tear fell down my face, I realized I said that out loud. But I didn't care, I was too overwhelmed by the events of today, and what I had caused to care about what I said about myself, because for all I know, everything I said was true. At least in my mind it was.

"If I wasn't here, you would still be best friends with George and Sapnap, but since I am here, I made everything between you all terrible, I ruined your friendships, just like I ruined L'manburgs chance or freedom, and a heartbeat for God's sake." I muttered the last part angrily.

"Well if you weren't here, I wouldn't have met the love of my life." He said, studying the face in front of him, the one dripping in salty tears. "I don't care what you think about yourself or what you have done that you may think ruined someone else's life. You could never ruin mine." He said. A sigh of relief swept over my slouching body, as I melted into Dreams arms.

"I love you Clay." I blurted out.

"I love you too Y/N."

We held each other for a long while, but I didn't mind. I loved every second of his soft touch. I loved how he held me and it felt like I could never be hurt again. I loved that he felt like home. I loved that one day, I would see his face every time I woke up, where we wouldn't have to deal with any wars, we wouldn't have to fight for territories anymore. We wouldn't have to worry about a sword being burried into our backs at any given moment. I wanted this moment to last forever, just us.

We broke apart and exhaled before he pecked my cheek, still coated in dried tears, and interwined his fingers with mine, and pressed a soft kiss to my knuckle. He lead me up, to a standing position, and walked off with his hand still in mine, dragging me along with him. I laughed at his antics, but went along with it. We found Techno outside the house, picking up remains of tree bark, flowers, and other nature scattered over the grass from Sapnap and I's fight. His attention we as turned to us, as the door made a large creaking noise. He had always had great reflexes, ones that could pick up the footsteps of a rabbit and have the small animal against a tree in a few seconds.

"You did good out there, but you still got your ass kicked. You need more work with an axe, when you tried to use one on the fifth round you got your ass handed to you on a stick." Techno said, now facing us.

"Who doesn't like ass on a stick?" Clay said jokingly.

(Lol I hope someone understands this reference)

Techno looked at him annoyed, and then to me, as if to say why the fuck do you like this guy? And scoffed before returning to the topic beforehand.

"As I was saying, we're training tomorrow. 7am sharp. Got it?" He asked demandingly.

"Yes sir." I said sarcasticly as I put my hand to my forehead to signify a salute, much like the saying Wilbur and Tommy made up, which was o7. The o represents a person's head, and the 7 stands for an arm and a hand, saluting. It was kind of like L'manburgs sign of respect, or just our 'thing' if that makes sense.

Techno was annoyed at this, but he laughed it off and headed inside to do whatever he thought fit to do at the time. I laughed lightly, and turned to Clay.

"You know I'm pretty good with an axe too." He said, clearly annoyed at why Techno was training me.

"Well, maybe he's just better." I said, teasing him.

He made an offended noise, and raised his hand to his chest, as if to signal that he was hurt by what I sad, jokingly of course.

"Take that back." He said, obviously trying to get me to say he was good at fighting. I cracked a smug smile, and pursed my lips, saying 'no' in body language, in a mocking kind of way. His eyes widened, and I knew exactly what was about to happen. I ran, and dodged between tress as he chased me. I laughed, but also skreiked as he got closer and closer to catching me.

"COME HERE Y/N!" He shouted at me.

"NO, YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!" I shouted back, giggling.

That was a complete lie. Arms wrapped around my body and lifted me up about half a foot, a little less then how much shorter I was then Clay. He began to swing me around in the air, as I laughed.

"Clay, put me down." I said, smiling and laughing through my words as he continued to swing me around in circles. He only chuckled at my remark, which quickly turned into a full on laugh. We fell to the ground, our heads lying beside each other as we looked to the sky, the sun was setting now. The pink and orange clouds melted together, making a beautiful contrast of colors displayed in the sky above us. Moments like these, make me want to live forever, just Clay and I. Because I truly loved him, and I always would. Who knew, that all happened because of a war. All those deaths, that I morned over for hours, all those wounds I had taken care of, all the tears that had fallen in the persuite of freedom, lead to this. I think about that stuff a lot, what has had to happen to end up here. Why everything happens the way it does, but I would go through all the pain in the world a thousand times, all for him, and that's okay. Because I love him.

"I love you Clay."

"I love you too."

-------------------------------------------------
A/N- Techno is such a baddie 😫 anyways hope you enjoyed.

1373 words <3