Chapter 1

Rosé POV

New school year, new classes, new problems.

That was my current state of mind. Everyone seemed happy about the beginning of a new school year with big smiled plastered on their faces. Excited to see their friends again and go to school, maybe.

Don't get me wrong, I liked some things about school like the classes, the library, some teachers. It's just the other things I didn't like. That I hated actually. The bullies mostly. I was one of those unlucky students who got bullied. So, no fun in that. That was the reason why I started hating school. And now, it began again.

Deeply in my thoughts, avoiding eye contact with everyone, head down. I was quickly walking in the hallway on my way to my first class when I violently bumped into someone. Luckily the choc didn't bring us down but it was violent enough for us to have to step back not to fall.

Shooting my head up, my eyes widened when I saw who I had bumped into. Jennie Kim. Oh shit. Four of her friends were standing next to her, shooting me death glares. As usual, if I might add.

I tried to apologize to Jennie but Joy (one of her friends) was the first to talk.

"Well, well! What a surprise to see you, Rosé. Didn't kill yourself yet?"

What a bitch! But I didn't dare to say anything aloud. Instead, I tried to walk away, wanting to avoid any confrontation that might emerge but Jennie grabbed my arm.

"Hey! Why such the hurry? Are you that excited to go to class?"

"Fucking weirdo." mocked Irene, one of her other friend.

Jennie snatched the two books I had in my hands and examined them.

"English... and chemistry, such a turn on."

Her friends laughed loudly while Jennie threw my books on the floor with a little smirk. The bitch. She turned her heels and started walking away with her friends behind her.

"Come on girls, we have a class to go to."

They continued laughing while walking away. I kneeled to grab my books on the floor, I looked up instinctively and saw Jennie looking over her shoulder at me with a big smirk on her face. As our eyes met, she sent me a kiss and turned around. Fuck her.

I got up quickly, my books in my arms, I was both slightly annoyed and angry. I walked far behind Jennie, on my way to first period.

A few moments later, still behind Jennie, I heard her say to her four dum friends that she was going to the restroom and that she'll see them at lunch.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I watched Jennie passed the restroom door. Something took over me and I followed her inside, unable to stop myself. She was a magnet and I was within range of her force field.

Once inside, I checked that we were alone and locked the door.

Jennie was fixing her hair, looking at herself in the mirror in the far back of the room. I put my bag and my books on the floor with a loud (boom). Jennie jumped at the noise, putting a hand over her chest. She looked at me through the mirror before turning to face me, eyebrows frowned.

I slowly walked toward her, my heart pumping in my chest so fast.

"You scared the shit out of me. Don't do things like that." she exclaimed looking at me. "But what are you doing here anyway?"

She had a questioning expression on her face. Looking confused. Knowing I wasn't supposed to be here. I tried to calm myself down but around her I couldn't so I continued toward her, looking deep into her eyes.