Chapter 18 : Darkness

"Well long time no see" we heard a man say behind us. "look who it is, my favorite children" he said sarcastically as he tightened his grip on his gun.

"isn't he the guy who was there in the train" I asked bewildered 

"yeah, his name is Linthorn" Enola hushed 

"DOWN!" Tewksbury screamed while pulling me down. No sooner we heard a gunshot coming our way. 

"shit" I mumbled trying to figure out the man's position in the darkness 

"RUN!" Enola screamed, pulling Tewksbury and I with her. 

"come here" Tewksbury said, huddled in the small area between two statues. We heard the man fire the gun while aiming carefully at us.   

After a moment everything was silent, the only sound heard was the rifle cocking.

'we cant stay like this forever' I thought and tried to come up with a plan. After a while I took a big object near me and threw it at the opposite direction, distracting the man for awhile.  

"stay here" I whispered to both of them, while slowly running towards the man. I could make out that he was heading towards Enola and Tewksbury, while aiming at them with his gun. just before he could fire at them, I jumped into the man's back, attempting to choke him. He pushed me down and kicked me when I loosened the grip on his neck. There was blood on my shirt, due to the sharp object which pierced my skin. I could make out Enola and Tewkbury fighting with the man, as I felt my eyes slowly closing. 

A/N -  Guys I'm finally back from my break! I will be posting the next chapter soon. Thank you all for commenting, voting and following me, it truly means a lot. I will also give a shout out for the people who did that.  

Have a good morning/night!