Chapter 3

"Y/n?" I heard Jin after I picked up his call. "You didn't forget your appointment, right?"
"I'm not going." I said.
"You know you need to go." He urged.
"No I don't. If it's not something important then don't bother me." I sighed and ended the call.
"You shouldn't keep doing that." I jumped at that sudden voice.
"What are you doing here?" I asked clutching my heart. "You scared me."
He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry."
"Are you following me?" I asked.
"Why would I?" He asked.
"Then get lost." I said pushing him by his shoulder. "And if I found you again somewhere near me, I s-
" I heard you write books. "He said cutting my words out." I've read two of them. "
" Which one? "I asked.
" Shadows and the good lawyer. "He said thinking after a minute.
" I think you should read 'The Chosen'. That was my best. "I said.
" Right. "He said grinning. How could one person be so positive? I actually hated these evergreen people. They could be happy without thinking about much. And people liked them.
" Want to be my friend again? "He asked breaking my train of thought.
" What? "I asked. Maybe I heard it wrong.
" Let's be friends again. It's not fun without you. "He said.
" Are you crazy? "I scoffed." I hate you. Like I really hate you. "
" So? I'm not asking you to marry me. Just be friends. We were friends before. "He asked.
I rolled my eyes at him." That's the problem. We were friends. Friendships are not relationships. Even if you are not in touch, you remain friends. The stage before and after friends is being strangers. So stranger listen. Stop following me. "
" Strangers can become friends." He suggested.
" Can be. But I don't want to. "I said.
" Really? "He looked heartbroken. Oh my god not again. I'm about to melt. Oh my God no. He's pouting again. I can't ta-
" Tell him to go away. He's not worth it. He left you back then. He can do it again. And you can't have both of us together. Only either one of us can be with you. Choose." The voice warned me. I gasped. For the whole day I had forgotten about the voice. But now it brought the goosebumps back." Choose. "I nodded.
" Jung Hoeseok. "I said stopping him in between his rambling which I hadn't even heard. He lifted his head as he looked at me in the eye." It's time you stop it now. I'm getting of you hanging around me. It's Irritating. And didn't you tell me to stop annoying people when they ask. I stopped it. You should too."
I took a step back as I looked at his face. He was still absorbing my words. I had this sudden urge for him to stop me. But I shouldn't be having these thoughts. I can't have these thoughts. I should choose the voice.
I gasped as a hand caught my wrist. I looked up at Jung Hoeseok. He gulped once as he took a deep breath.
"Why do you think it is my fault for leaving?" He asked. "You were the one who asked me to go. What was I supposed to do? Hurt you more by staying? I just thought you just time till you realise that I was important too."
"But now I realised something worse. That I don't need you. You won't make a difference in my life now." I said trying to get my hand out of his grasp.
"You don't need people in your life, you want people in your life." He said as he took both of my wrists. It wasn't a tight grip, but enough to not being able to free my hands.
"It's getting on my nerves." I said trying to free my hands desperately now. "I hate you, Jung Hoeseok. So much that I wouldn't like to even see your shadow. So...let...go."
He let go of my hand. I looked at him in shock. So early? "Should I really?" He asked seriously as he stared in my eyes.
Again he was letting go of me.
"Let him go. If not now, he would've don't that later. You are given the choice. Choose." The voice asked.
"I don't know." I whispered.
"You should know." The voice seemed a little more angrier.
"You tell me." I snapped out of my maze when I heard Hoeseok ask.
I turned around and ran as fast as I could. There were times when I fell down and my knee had scraped. But I didn't stop till I reached my home. It was already late when I reached. Jin was sleeping on the couch in a sitting position. He was probably waiting for me. I wanted to put the blanket on him so badly but I shouldn't.