Chapter 5

Thanks to captainrexisboo on tumblr for helping me figure out some of the gifts for the clones, you were a big help! I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little writing  one part of this.

You and Padme rush around the store, searching for presents for the boys. They are back at the base, making ornaments for the tree with Gida.

You both have already found a few things for Fives, Jesse and Kix, and Padme's already got something for Anakin and Obi Wan but you're still trying to find some things for the others. You at this particular moment are trying to find something for Rex. You have no idea what to get him, when you asked he told you that he doesn't need anything.

You want to get him something special, something that will be meaningful to him. But you have no idea what it should be.

You let out a deep, frustrated sigh, and decide to take a break from looking for Rex's present. You search the isles of the store, now you are trying to figure out what to get for Dogma.

You've already gotten Jesse a joke book, you and Anakin brainstormed together and decided to give Kix a day off, and Fives is getting a cookbook since he loves cooking and a mini comb for his goatee.

You notice that the shelve nexts to you has a stack of mini journals on it and you smile, you search through it and find the perfect 501st blue one.

It's perfect for Dogma to make bullet lists and notes in, it also might do him some good to write his feelings down in it, since he's so quiet. You decide to grab a second one for him, and make a note to buy him another two once these run out, whenever that is.

You're also helping Boil make a scrap book for Waxer, it's going to have all their pictures of Numa and their brothers in it.

You keep looking around, you end up finding some hair products for Tup. Mostly hair ties, scrunchies and Bobby pins, you also find some really nice conditioner for long, curly hair. You think that he'll love it.

You find a little bracelet for Gida, it has a little heart as the charm on it. You hope that she'll love it, Rex is also getting his own gift for her that he's going to pick out himself.

You grab a travel mug for Boil since he loves his caf. You decide to finish up and carry your stuff to the register, on your way you meet up with Padme and that's when you see the perfect present for Stutter.

It's an art set that comes with everything, paints, pastels, crayons, pencil's, pencil crayons and flimsy. It also comes with erasers and sharpeners for them, you smile and grab it. Stutter loves drawing and coloring, he's going to be so happy to get it.

"You grabbed a lot of stuff y/n, the men are going to be so happy. Did you find anything for Rex." You smile but a frown takes your face as soon as she talks about Rex's gift, you still have no idea what to get him.

"I have no idea what to get him, Padme, this is our first Christmas together. It needs to be something special." Padme nods, and thinks for a moment, she wants to help you.

"I don't know, y/n. But I'm sure that you'll think of something." Padme's kind words cheer you up a little, but you still feel upset. You hope to figure it out soon.

"Okay, let's head back to my place and hide these presents." You smile at Padme's enthusiasm, you both pay for your things and take them to Padme's apartment. You collapse on the couch afterwards, completely spent.

"That was fun Padme, thanks." She nods and sits down beside you after hiding the presents.

"Now I just have to figure out what to get for Rex."

"What about Cody?" Padme asks you, noticing that you didn't pick anything up for him.

"Rex and I already got something for Cody, it's a strip of leather for Cody's belt. So that he can wear Obi Wan's lightsaber instead of carrying it around when he loses it." Padme chuckles at that, she's heard from Anakin how much Obi Wan loses his lightsaber.

"That's a great gift, Cody has to get tired of carrying that damn lightsaber all the time." You laugh at that, it was all Rex's idea to get it for his brother. It's even in 212th orange.

"I'm sorry to say that I have to head back Padme, I'll be back to help wrap the gifts soon." You stand up and Padme pulls you into a hug.

"It was great spending the time with you today y/n, make sure to come back soon." You smile and pull away, heading to her elevator to leave. As you start your walk back to base you try to figure out what to get Rex, when you glance over at a speeder you get an idea.

You decide to make Rex's present, it's going to be a locket of some sort. A locket that you'll put a picture of the two of you in, you're positive that Rex will love it. You'll also make it so that it can extend, then Rex can wear it even when he's in his Werewolf form.

You'll make it out of parts from some of the ships, there are ones that are too broken to fix so you'll use parts from those. Another thing you'll add is a piece of armor from both your's and Rex's, you can't wait to start making it.

You finally make it too the base, walking in and seeing that everyones still here. Cody, Waxer, Boil are all here, so are Gida, Obi Wan and Anakin. Then there's Rex, Fives, Tup, Dogma, and Stutter.

"Hey Cyare!" Rex calls, walking over to you and giving you a peck on the lips. You pull away and look around, noticing that Jesse and Kix aren't here.

"Where's Jesse and Kix?"

"Kix is in the medbay fixing up some shinies that got in a fight, and Jesse is there keeping him company." You nod, of course some shinies got into a fight.

"So, where are the gifts, y/n." Fives asks with a sly smile, and you scoff.

"Like I'm going to tell you, they're hidden." Fives laughs at that, he should have known that you wouldn't bring them here.

"We're all ready to decorate the tree, Cyare. We were just waiting for you." Rex pulls you over to everyone else who's getting the decorations that they made ready, you see quite a few little troopers that will hang on the tree and you laugh.

They all look like one of the boys in the 501st and 212th, you even see one that looks like Rex, it even has a little pair of Jag eyes on the helmet.

"Y/n!" Gida hurtles towards you, almost knocking you over when she hits. You kneel down and wrap your arms around her.

"Hey, Gida. Did you have fun with the boys today?" She nods quickly.

"Yeah, we did a bunch of crafts. It was so much fun come on, come on." You chuckle as she pulls you towards the tree, you notice that the garland and lights are already hung up.

You and the boys start decorating, Stutter hangs up some of his own homemade decorations, they look amazing. So do the others, even the Jedi made some decorations. You grab the candy canes, handing some too Gida as you both start hanging them everywhere.

After that you grab Gida, handing her your star and Rex picks her up. She places the star on the tree and you all stand back to admire your work, the tree is covered in decorations. Way too many actually, and many different colors but you don't care.

The tree is perfect, it shows how different your family is. You may have only been with Rex for eight months, but you didn't only get Rex as a boyfriend, you got a whole family to go with him. All the boys think of you as their sister, and you think of them as your brothers.