Chapter 6

You are exhausted, it's been 3 days since you went out with Padme and the base has been busy to say the least. It's only two days until Christmas and you can't wait, you've been working on Rex's present a lot.

Especially late at night, he's been getting kind of suspicious but he trusts you enough to let you do your thing. As long as you don't make yourself sick from lack of sleep.

You've almost got the locket done, it's just going to be a little oval shaped one, white with blue Jag eyes on it. You've already picked out the picture to go in it too.

You keep it hidden in an unused room in the base, making sure that Rex won't find it. The past few days have been busy, lots of Christmas baking and fun.

Gida's been making everyone watch Christmas movies, but no one minds, you honestly love Christmas movies. Especially the cartoons.

Right now you and Gida are baking Christmas cookies with Fives, he's actually pretty good at it.

"Come on, Fives. You have to stop eating the dough." You tell him for what feels like the fifth time, he just smirks and eats some more. *Seriously* you think to yourself, Fives is such an idiot.

"You're a such a dorky brother Fives." You both freeze, you just called Fives your brother. That's never happened before, you've always thought of the troopers as brothers, and you are really close to Fives. But you probably made him really uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry!" You blurt out, really hoping that you didn't make him uncomfortable. He gives you a comforting smile.

"It's fine, I'm honored that you think of me as your brother. Most of us think of you as our sister, including me." You nod.

"Okay then, can I call you my brother from now on?" You want to make sure that he's comfortable with it.

"Sure, I'd love that. If I'm allowed to call you my sister." You happily nod, you're so glad that Fives doesn't mind you calling him your brother.

You've only been dating Rex for eight months, and have only known Fives and the other troopers for seven months but you still feel like family. They're the only family you have since you lost yours when you were younger.

"Come on! The cookies need to go in the oven!" You turn with a smile to Gida, and Fives grabs both the trays, placing them in the oven, starting a timer. Once you're done you head out of the mess hall with Fives and Gida to find Rex and the others, you figure that he might be in the training room. But what the three of you find is not what you expected, at all.

There's a circle of troopers, and in the middle is your boyfriend and his brother Cody wrestling. What's even worse is that Rex is in his Werewolf form, while Cody is on Rex's back with his arms around his neck, trying to pull him down to the mat.

"Come on, Cody! I'm obviously stronger than you!" Rex taunts his older brother, who looks absolutely pissed.

"The only reason you're winning is because you're in your werewolf form, any other day I'd be kicking your shebs, Rex'ika." Rex's eyes narrow and he flips Cody off into the mat.

"I'd beat you any day, Cody."

"You would not." Rex keeps him down until he finally concedes, everyone disperses and you chuckle as you walk over to Rex, kissing his snout.

"Mr. Rex. We are baking cookies!" Rex smiles when Gida runs up and hugs his leg. He kneels down and gives her a hug, picking her up as well.

"Are you, well that's exciting."

"Yeah, we were having so much fun with Fives." You nod in agreement with the youngling, and you almost "aww" out loud when she snuggles into Rex's fur.

"You're so soft Mr. Rex." She tells him as he tucks her close to his chest and pets her lekku gently.

"Yeah, he is soft Gida." You smirk and pet his fur, Rex raises an eye at you.

"Come on, let's go watch a Christmas movie." Gida bounces excitedly in Rex's grip, and Rex puts her down. She grabs his hand and pulls him with her, you and Fives following behind.

She runs up and starts digging through your holo-films, as you, Rex and Fives sit down. You and Fives sit on the couch while Rex sits in between you on the floor in front since he's in his wolf form. Gida finally picks one, putting it into the holo-table.

"I'm going to get Master Obi Wan and Anakin." She tells you, running out. You laugh at how enthusiastic she is.

"Woah, she's almost as bad as Hardcase." Rex and Fives both get sad smiles, you were told about Hardcase. One of Rex's brothers that died during Umbara, you heard how he sacrificed himself for the mission.

"Yeah, he would have loved having someone around who matches his energy." Rex say's sadly, you smile at them, you wish that you could have met him, he sounds like a nice person.

"Come on, guys." You turn to see Gida pulling Obi Wan into the room, followed by Anakin, Cody, Wooley, Stutter and Jesse.

"So, what movie are we watching?" Anakin asks as everyone sits down, Anakin, Obi Wan and Cody sit on the other couch while the rest sit crossed legged on the floor. Gida walks over and sits in Rex's lap.

"It's a surprise." She tells everyone, snuggling into Rex as the movie starts. After a few minutes you realize that it's the movie, The Grinch who stole Christmas. The original one too, you forgot that you owned this one

After a few minutes the alarm for the cookies goes off, you pause the movie and everyone has a break as you and Fives go and grab the cookies out of the oven.

You sit them on the counter to cool, making sure that you put a sign saying do not eat. The boys would for sure eat them if you didn't, they have such sweet tooths.

"There, that should do it." You say to Fives once you place the sign, you are all ready to get back to the movie.

"When will they be ready to eat? I'm hungry." You turn to Fives, raising an eyebrow.

"It's going to take a while for them to cool down, we can eat after the movie. Okay." He nods but you can see him look over at the cookies.

"Come on, let's get back before they start the movie without us." Fives laughs and nods, heading back with you. You both make it and you sit back down, watching the movie.

It's a shorter one, but still good, once it's over you look to see Gida sleeping peacefully on Rex. She's nuzzled into his fur and drooling a little on him, but he doesn't care at all.

Obi Wan takes her from Rex and lays her on the couch after everyone gets up, covering her with a blanket and letting her sleep. She cuddle's the blanket to her, bunching it up and hugging it close. You find her absolutely adorable, you turn to see Fives go running and you burst out laughing.

"What's all that about?" Rex asks and you just laugh harder, it takes you a minute to stop laughing and catch your breath.

"Fives just wants to get too the cookies first." You tell him, still trying to catch your breath. His eyes widen and he goes running, you have to stop yourself from laughing as you get up, Rex better save you a cookie.