chapter one - exile.

Tommy sprinted through the SMP desperately trying to find Tubbo. He needed to talk to him, he needed to see him, for all he knew it could be his last time and he didn't want to miss the last opportunity he had. He ran past l'manburg, through the community house, past his house, but he was unable to find him. Tommy proceeded to panic.

He was gradually losing his breath and had to sit down for a brief second. He was sweating and his legs were trembling. Tommy placed his hands on his head, his fists tightly grabbed onto his hair in frustration. He needed to let out a scream but couldn't find the confidence to do so. Thoughts and emotions danced around him to the point he felt like he was dying.

He wasn't ready for this. Tommy's fate lied in Tubbos hands. Both of them had been through so much together, Tommy sobbed at the thought of it all being taken away. All the years spent by each-others side, all the arguments, all the laughs... It would've all been for nothing.

"Tommy?" it was Tubbo. Tommy's head jolted up and his eyes stared towards Tubbo. His eyes were a dark red, the reality that he had been crying was obvious to anyone who would come across him. Tubbo noticed the bags which rested under Tommy's eyes due to the sleepless nights he endured. Tubbo saw the fear and pain Tommy felt. Tubbo walked up to him and clutched onto him, even though he knew how much Tommy despised hugs.

Tommy pulled away from Tubbo and chuckled.
"Everything's going to be okay Tommy," Tubbo reassured. "You're my best friend, nothing bad is going to happen to you". He whispered as he gently sat beside Tommy.

"I'm so sorry I've put you through this" Tubbo let out, confidently holding back his tears. The pitch change in Tubbos voice notified Tommy how desperately he wanted to cry.

Usually, it was Tommy who stopped Tubbo from crying but today was different.
"If you ever tell anyone about me crying I will murder you," Tommy told him, wiping his nose. They both giggled at each other for the last time.

"Tommy I've got to go and meet dream," explained Tubbo. Tommy's nerves struck in again but he attempted to push them aside. "I understand man, " he said. Tommy could tell how badly Tubbo wished to hug him, and how badly he wanted to hug him back, but it wasn't the right moment.
"No matter what happens you're my best friend okay?" Tubbo said. Tommy nodded in understatement and waved as Tubbo walked towards l'manburg to go join dream.

After a couple of minutes of sitting there thinking, it was time. Tommy got up and started walking. He could hear Quackity and Fundy but preferred to avoid them. The more closer he got to l'manburg, the more unsure he got.

Tommy's hands shivered and the uncertainty settled in. He didn't know what was about to occur, but he trusted Tubbo. Tubbo was his bestfriend, and although he had an awful feeling in his gut, he honestly believed everything would turn out okay.

Tubbo was stood with Dream among the broad obsidian walls which surrounded l'manberg. Tommy glanced at Tubbo and their eyes met. Tubbos eyes displayed a great bundle of distress which Tommy couldn't bear to see.

Overlooking his nation, Tubbo declared the words Tommy didn't wish to hear.
"Tommy.." Tubbo proceeds, his voice beginning to crack. "I am so, so sorry". Tommy listens to the misery in his voice whilst struggling to hold himself together. Tubbo turned to Dream.
"I know what is best for this nation," he says reluctantly. "For Tommy to be.. exiled".

Tommy's heart sank and broke into a million pieces. His eyes widened and began to tear up. His knees collapsed and he fell to the ground. His shaky hands blanketed his face whilst his tears poured.

That was his best friend. His one and only. The impression he felt before had now become a reality. The reassurance Tubbo provided was all a lie. He knew what he was doing, he fooled Tommy. All for his stupid country.

"Dream. please escort Tommy out of my country" Tubbo declared. Tubbo refused to look at Tommy in this state. He knew deep inside he didn't want him exiled.
"T-tubbo?" Tommy said, mumbling through his tears, but Tubbo avoided him.

Tommy was forced up by Dream, who had threatened to kill him if he didn't obey. After being dragged along for a while, Tommy reluctantly got up and walked on his own. He didn't want to go, he didn't want to leave Tubbo.

, but he had no choice.

After travelling for hours with Dream, Tommy was finally dropped off at an island. It was isolated and untouched. The atmosphere was miserable and dull. Soon enough, it started chucking it down, making Tommys fluffy hair wet. Dream had put together a tent for him to sleep in, protecting Tommy from the rain. Tommy led there in silence, his eyes closed and his ears blocking out the disturbances coming out from around him.

"Alright Tommy, I'm gonna go, " Dream mumbled to him realizing that he wasn't entirely listening. But Tommy didn't have the strength to listen, nor move, nor speak. Tommy curled into a ball and sobbed into his knees.

Tommy cried himself to sleep that night. He was unaccompanied and he missed his best friend. He had gotten it all wrong. If he had just spoken or listened to Tubbo things might've been different.

Back at l'manburg, Tubbo was sat alone. He didn't wish to communicate with anyone, specifically Dream. Dream had harmed everything; friendships, lives, families. Everything that got damaged was dreams fault.

He had his head in his hands. There were bursts of tears that fell down his face now and again. He squinted his eyes together attempting to ignore the memories of Tommy, but every time he thought about him he broke down. Tubbo struggled to hold back the tears. He felt so ashamed, so unloyal.

Tommy wasn't the only one who cried himself to sleep that night.