chapter three - your Tubbo

Tommy woke up to the noise of downpour patting the roof of his tent. He snuggled himself into his sleeping bag trying his best to maintain his warmth.

He tried his best to fall back to sleep but it was no use. He couldn't get Tubbo, L'manburg and Dream off his mind.

His own best friend had betrayed him and there was nothing he could do. He could go back home, however he knew deep down that was not a sensible choice.

Did he do something to upset Tubbo? There was no explanation for his exile. Tubbo had put his country before him. Tommy's heart twisted at the thought of it. Tubbo didn't care about Tommy anymore. Nobody did.

Tommy led there, the cold air slowly seeping through the holes in his sleeping bag. He covered his face into his pillow, pulling his mind away from Tubbo.

After five minutes Tommy heard the sound of twigs snapping. He perched up, sceptical of his surroundings.
"Tommy?" Said a familiar voice. "Are you awake?" Tommy peeked outside his tent to notice Dream standing there.

Tommy's eyes gradually adjusted to the sharp light as he rubbed them. He deliberately unzipped the tent slowly, wishing to avoid Dream.

Dream was holding out a loaf of bread.
"For your breakfast," He said smugly. Tommy scoffed.
"I don't want your pity bread" he answered.
"Suit yourself Tommy" Dream replied, putting the bread into Tommy's backpack which was sat beside him.

Tommy looked up at Dream. Dream could grasp the resentment Tommy felt towards him but he chose to ignore it.

"What are you doing here Dream?" Tommy asked, hinting for him to leave. Dream chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Somebody needed to see you".

Before Tommy could ask any questions, a friendly face peeked out from behind a tree. He recognised the yellow sweater, the brown fluffy hair and the blue dye the man was carrying. Ghostbur.

Dream walked over to the tree Ghostbur hid behind and hauled him over to Tommy.

"What do you want man," Tommy asked nicely. Ghostbur was Tommy's friend, and he didn't wish to harm that connection as well.

"I have something for you, and I think you'll like it" Ghostbur answered back smiling. Tommy glanced at him impatiently, waiting to see what he had brung.

Ghostbur firstly handed Tommy some blue, then he reached down into his backpack.

"I was thinking" Ghostbur said, creating tension. "what does Tommy like, his favourite thing in the whole wide world" Ghostbur announced. "Is tubbo!".

He brought out a shiny, heavy-looking compass and handed it to Tommy.

Tommy took ahold of the compass and gaped at the large red arrow guiding forwards.
"What does it do exactly?" Tommy asked whilst stupidly shaking the compass.

"It points in the direction of Tubbo at all times" Ghostbur clarified. "..so no matter where you are in the world, you will always have Tubbo."

Tommy stared down at the compass. The large red arrow now meant so much more. It pointed to Tubbo. His Tubbo.
"Tommy... Turn it around"

Tommy turned around the compass to read a sticker which was labelled.

Your Tubbo.

"I gave a similar one to Tubbo earlier this morning" Ghostbur told him. "But instead his points to you, "

Tommy clutched onto the compass. He didn't have the guts to lay it down. He needed it by his side.

Tommy looked up at Ghostbur and gifted him a smile. "Thankyou man" he said, his voice beginning to crack. Ghostbur returned the gratefulness with a slight nod and a delicate smile.

Tommy sat there in silence. Munching on the 'pity bread' Dream had gifted to him earlier on. Dream began to laugh at the way Tommy ate. "Oi, dickhead" Tommy mumbled to him in-between his mouthfuls.

After a couple of hours of chatting to Ghostbur and Dream, it was time for them to take off. Tommy waved to them as they faded away amongst the trees.

He sighed to himself. The only arrangement of communication he had was gone. Tommy was all alone.

After staring into the abyss for a moment, he brought the compass out of his pocket and glanced at the red arrow. It indicated forward. All he had to do was walk... but he couldn't. Bad things would happen if he did and he had already done enough damage.

Tommy climbed into his tent and zipped it up behind him. He led down on his sleeping bag, the compass clutched close to him.

Tommy never remembered falling asleep that night, yet he knew the last thing on his mind was Tubbo and the compass. The two things which Tommy cherished the most.