chapter two - your Tommy

Tubbo stayed in bed for ages after waking up the next morning. He huddled himself in his duvet ignoring the world. He didn't feel like talking to anyone. He didn't even have the energy to get up.

Tubbo felt the soft vibrations of his stomach angrily grumbling at him. He hadn't eaten for an entire 24hours. He was starving. No matter how much Tubbo wanted to stay in bed, he reluctantly rose and got up.

His body shivered as his bare feet touched his cold bedroom floor. As he stretched his arms he felt the satisfying force through the backbone of his body.

When Tubbo rubbed his eyes his face felt warm and sweaty. The quantity of tears Tubbo cried that night were uncountable.

Tubbo slowly walked over to his mirror, his bare feet sticking to his cold floorboards as he walked.

Looking into the mirror he scruffed his hair around and lifted it out of his eyes. The bags that rested underneath his eyes were big enough to consume the ocean. The itchiness of his eyes turned them bloodshot and puffy.

Taking his eyes away from his mirror he looked over at his desk. On the desk were scattered images of him and Tommy. He picked one up and gazed at it.

He was looking at photos the night before Tommy's exile. He had spent the entire night unravelling what to do, he understood now he had made the wrong outcome. Tubbos eyes started tearing up. Before he could break down again he placed the photo back on the desk and headed downstairs.

Downstairs sat Ghostbur.

Wilbur, Tubbos late friend, had died a couple of weeks prior. Resulting in his ghost, which they all collectively decided on the name 'Ghostbur'.

Ghostbur had a heartwarming and gentle soul. He was kind to everyone no matter how rude they were to him. He forgave people effortlessly and saw the best in everyone.

Ghostbur would often carry bundles of blue dye and pass them out. He believed these sacks of blue dye allowed people to fill their irritation and sadness up with them.

The people he knew didn't believe in it, but respected Ghostburs wishes. In the end, it made him feel better, and that's all anyone wanted.

Ghostbur smiled at Tubbo, causing Tubbo to smile back.
"Ghostbur, what are you doing here?" Tubbo asked him. It took a while for Ghostbur to answer, he wasn't very good with words and confused himself with them.
"Nothing much" He replied, his voice sounded happy.

"Well would you like anything?" Tubbo asked him. Ghostbur politely shook his head and reached into his backpack.
"What you got there" Tubbo chuckled as he reached into his food cupboard.

Ghostbur brung out a shiny, heavy-looking compass. Tubbo immediately retracted from the food and walked over to him, to see what the mysterious item was.

As he handed it to Tubbo he had a heavy grin on his face that he tried his best to restrain. Tubbo held on to the compass and looked at Ghostbur confused. Before Ghostbur could speak Tubbo turned the compass around. On the back of the compass was a sticker labeled:

Your Tommy.

"It's a compass that points you in the direction of Tommy at all times" Ghostbur states proudly.

Tubbo's mind went blank. Tommy?

Tubbo looks up at him attempting not to cry.
"Ghostbur I-" Tubbo was at a loss for words. He could now go visit whenever he needed. He directly had access to Tommy at all times.

He was so appreciative that he couldn't delay his tears for any longer. He broke down.
"Thank you so much" He says in between his sobs. Ghostbur wraps his arms around Tubbo and pats his back.

After a couple of moments of Tubbo crying into Ghostburs shoulder, he pulls himself away.

"Ive got to go Tubbo" Ghostbur said whilst rapidly rushing around Tubbo's kitchen.
"Really? All ready?" Tubbo replied to him, shocked by the short amount of time he spent with him.

Ghostbur picked up his backpack and waved goodbye too Tubbo without saying another word.

There was no need for words. Everything that needed to be said had been said. Ghostbur shut the door behind him as Tubbo whispered goodbye under his breath.

Tubbo wasn't hungry anymore, so he decided to go back upstairs to bed. When he opened his bedroom door he caught a glimpse of the photos on his desk.

He tried his best not to go over to them. He didn't need to be reminded of the pain and stress he put onto Tommy. But Tubbo couldn't help himself, and he picked one up.

The photo showed him and Tommy at the beach. Tommy had an enormous smile on his face. He was so happy. Tubbo had destroyed that happiness. Instead, he made Tommy miserable and unsafe with no explanation or purpose.

The best friend he once had, was gone.

Out of frustration, Tubbo threw the stack of images across his bedroom floor. He was so angry at himself. He had ruined everything.

By putting his county first he lost his best friend. Tommy should've come first like he always had done.

Tubbo stared at the chaos on his floor. He had no energy to clean it. Instead, he threw himself onto his bed and covered himself in his duvet.

As he laid down he breathed in one more time. Before submerging into the ocean of thoughts that drowned him, until he wished he had never thought at all.

He reached into his pocket and pulled the compass out. He gazed at the big red arrow which pointed forward.

Tommy.

Tubbo clenched the compass close to his chest, closed his eyes and whispered to it.
"I miss you so much Tommy, more than you even know"