Prologue

⬼𝅴𝅳⥖⥗⤗

A long time ago

??? POV

I groaned as she blasted me backwards.

Emeralda cackled as she sent forth giant blasts of lightning at me.

I quickly created a shield and the lightning struck the shield with a huge amount of force.

Cracks immediately began forming on the shield.

I grit my teeth.

I just need few minutes. I thought. Before the spell is complete.

Suddenly, the cracks on my shield disappeared and I saw Nam-Joon strengthening my shield.

I smiled at him.

"Took you long enough." I shouted.

"Hey. Those mages outside are actually pretty tough. They're still fighting you know. I only managed to get away just now." He said.

A blast of lighting arced towards him and Emeralda just smirked at him.

Suddenly, a figure dropped in front of him and blocked it with a large sword.

"Jimin?" I said.

"I'm not dead yet." He said grinning even though he had fresh scars all over him from the previous fight against Emeralda.

"Now that you three have had your little pow-wow. Time to get serious." Emeralda said to us and stopped shooting lightning.

She raised her hands and huge balls of dark energy appeared around her and flew at us.

I yelled a spell and a huge phoenix appeared and countered with blasts of flame.

A dark shape appeared in the sky and I saw a huge mass of dark magic gathering in the sky above.

I felt the tug on my soul and I knew that every soul on the planet was doomed if we failed.

I nodded at the others and we charged forward.

Emeralda just smirked and huge waves of dark energy washed over us.

35 years into the future from the present

??? POV

Arcs of lightning lit up the sky as they slammed into the armored hull of the airships.

The airships unleashed their payload as they fired dozens of plasma cannons at the mages.

It hit their shields and killed some from the pure heat.

The others retaliated with a huge beam that was summoned using their 'Counter' spell.

It pierced the hull of the airship and damaged it.

The airship moved its internal components around a bit and fired a volley of missiles at the mages.

I watched as they teleported a distance away before resuming their attack.

Several android units headed towards them stealthily armed with plasma guns that would be too heavy for a normal human to carry.

I sighed as everyone in the board meeting tensed.

"They grow closer to the city each day. The others report the same. We are losing." Irene said gloomily.

Everyone else had a tense look on their face.

Suzy sighed and looked at the hologram again.

"We're running out of resources to use. They've captured several of our mines and factories and our allied mages are still recovering from their last large-scale assault, which I remind you, was successful." Jisoo said with a grim look.

Suzy gave out an exasperated sigh and kicked her chair in anger.

"Fudge!! Those merciless killers encroach further and further into the land we worked hard to defend and we have no ideas?!" She shouted at us.

We remained silent until one of us spoke.

"Ma'am, if I may." Yeji said pushing up her glasses. "The time travel experiment has proven to be successful. At least recently it has."

"So....you're proposing we enact that plan?" Suzy asked.

"Precisely." Yeji said.

"That's ridiculous." Jisoo scoffed. "We shouldn't rely on time travel to solve our problems."

"I'm sorry. But do YOU have another solution." Yeji countered. "As far as I know, we have no other choice. Almost all of our best commanders are dead. Y/n herself is long dead and with her, our hope to defeat Twice who now reigns supreme in terms of magical capabilities over even the heads of our allied noble mage houses."

"And might I add. Our resources grow smaller and smaller each day. Our satellite network is almost gone. The moon base is destroyed and we're starting to run out of androids and soldiers." Irene added.

Jisoo stood up, her face livid for a second before she sighed and sat back down.

Her face was now pale and she stared at the scene playing out in the hologram.

"You're right." She said in a resigned voice. 

"Now that's settled with. The question remains as to who is going to be sent back." Suzy said.

Everyone was silent for a moment until I raised my hand.

"I'll go back. After all, I knew Y/n best so I would be the most suited to getting the past her on our side and stopping this war." I said.

Y/n had been my wife. She fought valiantly but was killed 5 years ago by those cursed Twice members. 

"Are you sure this just isn't because you want to see her again?" Suzy asked.

"I-I..." I stammered before composing myself. "Yes. That's a part of my reason but also I feel as if I have the best chance since I'm the most skilled soldier here. And I don't exist at that time." 

"Are you sure about this? If you succeed, there's possibility you won't be born." Irene asked.

I thought about for a bit before I nodded.

"Yes. I'm sure." I said.

⬼𝅴𝅳⥖⥗⤗

------------------------------------------------------------

Some important things I need to make clear.

Mages age slowly and they don't lose their youth until they are at least 150 years old. (They live on average 200 years).

The war has been going on for almost 35 years though it's debatable when exactly it started.

The ??? in the future is an enhanced super soldier that is sent back in time. They are a part of Twice but not the Twice here. The Twice here is all Twice members besides the ???. 

I hope you enjoy this story!!!!