✭XVII✭

✦✦✦✦ Trooper ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Trooper ✦✦✦✦

"Where are we going?" Kit asks leaning against the chair Mando sits in.

He glances up at her before flicking a few switches as he lands the Razor Crest in a large hanger, "To see some people I used to work with, we're getting a job."

She raises her brows making sure her weapons are all in the rightful places and follows him out of the ship, "What about the kid?"

"He'll be fine."

"Tin-Man-"

"He'll be fine."

"Mando." A man calls as he walks over to them, "Is that you under that bucket?"

He offers a hand and Mando shakes it, "Ran." He greets stiffly.

The man, Ran, smiles placing his hands on his belt, "Didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these part again. Good to see you. You know, to be honest, I was a little surprised when you reached out to me. You know, cuz I... I hear things. Like, maybe things between you and the Guild aren't working out."

Mando shrugs, "I'll be fine."

Ran's brows rise slightly and he hums, "Hmm okay. Well, you know the policy. No questions. And you, you're welcome back here anytime. Say, who's this?"

"Kit." She says coldly ignoring his outstretched hand.

"Kit?" He asks and she nods walking past him with Mando.

"So what's the job?"

"Yeah, one of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So I'm putting together a crew to spring him. It's a six person job, I got four. All I need is you two and the ride, and you brought it."

"The ship wasn't part of the deal." Mando says.

Ran shrugs, "Well, the Crest is the only reason I let you back in here."

He slowly looks over at him, "What's the look? Is that gratitude?" He laughs, "Uh-huh, I think it is."

He leads them over to another man, "Hey, Mayfeld."

The man turns, nodding his head in greeting, "Yeah?"

"This is Mando. The guy I was telling you about. We used to do jobs way back when."

"This is the guy?" He asks looking unbothered.

"Yeah, we were all young, trying to make a name for ourselves. Yeah, but running with a Mandalorian, that was... that brought us some reputation."

"Oh yeah? What did he get out of it?"

Ran laughs looking over at Kit and Mando, "I asked him that one time. You remember what you said, Mando? Target practice. Target practice! Man, we did some crazy stuff, didn't we?"

Mando looks over at Kit to see her reaction, but like she is around most people, she keeps her face blank and posture as if she is ready for attack, "That was a long time ago."

"Well... Well I don't go out anymore. You understand? So uh... Mayfeld, he's gonna run point on this job. If he says it, it's like it's coming from me. You good with that?"

"You tell me."

"You haven't changed one bit." Ran shakes his head.

"Ya, well, things have changed around here," Mayfeld says, "And who's this lovely lady?" He asks going to place a hand on Kit's shoulder.

She catches his hand before it can touch her and brings it down casing him to yelp, "Don't touch me."

"That's Kit," Ran chuckles, side stepping away slightly as she lets go of Mayfeld's hand, "Mayfeld, he's one of the best trigger men I've ever seen. Former Imperial sharpshooter."

Kit scoffs, "That's not saying much."

"What that supposed to mean, little lady?"

"I've taken guys like you out with my eyes closed, Trooper."

"I wasn't a Stormtrooper, wiseass!" He yells.

Ran laughs half-heartedly, "Don't take long, does it?"

They all walk over to the ship, Mando keeping Kit close to him, "Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly. Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine."

"Alright, the good looking fella there with the horns, that's Burg." Mayfeld says pointing to the Dearonian.

Burg drops a large create in front of them, "This may surprise you, but he's our muscle."

"I hope he's not our brain." Kit mutters her lip curling in disgust at him.

"So this is a Mandalorian. I thought they'd be bigger." Burg chuckles at his own comment.

"Droid's name is Zero."

"I thought you said you had four." Mando asks looking at the three in front of them.

"He does." A voice calls from behind them making him tense.

They turn to see a Twi'lek approaching, she twirls a knife and grins, "Hello, Mando."

"Xi'an."

She pounces forward, holding the knife against his neck, "Tell me why I shouldn't cut you down where you stand?"

"Nice to see you too." He says sarcastically.

Kit hides the growing smirk on her face as she watches the stiff Mandalorian interact with the purple woman, "I missed you," Xi'an hits the Beskar armour with her knife, "This is shiny. You wear it well."

"Do we need to leave the room or something?" Mayfeld says bitterly.

Rolling her eyes Kit looks over at him with a raised brow, "Relax, Trooper, I-"

"I'm not a Stormtrooper!"

Xi'an cackles as she walks towards Kit, "I like this one. Xi'an."

"Kit."

"Well, Xi'an's been a little heartbroken since Mando left our group." Ran says patting her on the shoulder as he passes.

"Aawww...you gonna be okay, sweetheart?" Mayfeld asks.

She rolls her eyes, "I'm all business now," She points the knife at Mando, "Learned from the best."

"All right, lovebirds. Break it up till you get on the ship. Right now, we don't have much time."

They all turn, walking towards the ship, Xi'an winks at Mando and skips towards the ship, Kit follows them in, a hand resting on her blaster, Burg steps in front of Mando breaking his gaze from Kit, "Hmm.... Tiny."