Looking forward

Izuku Midoriya was standing silently in line to get his food from the school's cafeteria, and he already knew exactly what he wanted, but just hoped that even due to his tardiness he still got to enjoy a warm plate of Katsudon. Why was he late? Well, maybe the fact that the number one hero wanted to speak to him about something in private didn't help, and the fact that he had seen the bulky man shaking in fear did not help. However, when All Might explained to him that he actually did get an internship request from his old teacher that also knew about One For All. He was ecstatic and couldn't wait, but he had no one to tell this to. So he decided to go to lunch leaving All Might behind, not before hearing him curse about how the microwave did not heat up his food evenly. He found himself in an odd situation, listening to a voice he recognized and one he didn't talk about the internship and he didn't know how long he could keep his mouth shut.

"So we are both going to Uwabami's agency for the internship? That's great!"

"Yes, I really do hope that the experience helps us to gather information on hero work that we will need to use later on. Or maybe just hero skills in general and learning from her."

Izuku took one small glance back and saw his class Vice President Momo Yaoyorozu along an orange haired girl who had it in a ponytail fashion similar to Yaoyorozu's. He didn't know her full name but recognized her as Kendo or 'big sis Kendo' from what he heard from some class 1-B students in the hallways of the school. They also had arrived late because of their duties as class representatives, Kendo being the class president in contrast to Yaoyorozu. 'Okay, you can do this, you know about Uwabami, it doesn't matter they are girls...... beautiful girls.... but come on just don't interrupt or be friendly. DO IT!'

"I really want to see if she can teach me in any other fighting style other than some basic martial arts or how to use my quirk better."

"A-actually, y-you may n-not get to d-do that..." 'Aaaand you ruined it, well done Izuku' He trailed off as he regretted butting into the conversation in a manner that could be disrespectful and to the girl that wasn't even in his class.

Still, she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing that with just how shy he sounded and the lack of confidence he emitted, then there must be good reason for his statement. "Okay, why do you say that um.... Midoriya, right?"

He blinked a few times, not really knowing how she knew his name. Completely oblivious to the fact that he not only held amazing power, but had also had arguably the best fight in the entire sports festival with Todoroki just a few days ago. "U-um, y-yeah, that's m-me."

Both girls had to stifle a laughter when he pointed at him with both his thumbs, but Yaoyorozu having seen first hand just how awkward he could be, decided to continue. "Well Midoriya, care to explain why you said that?"

They moved along the line where each of them asked for their food politely before he decided to speak up as to not interrupt any further. "Y-you see, Uwabami i-is a rescue hero, meaning t-that she m-may know some f-fighting styles but probably just the b-basics. S-she could teach you h-how to use your quirk better in rescue situations but she also holds a standard quirk that can only be trained in terms of sensitivity, not combat, so may-"

He stopped when he felt a small poke at his shoulder, and looked to see Kendo with an amused look that he couldn't quite place. "Um, great analysis Midoriya but we are kinda just standing here and you were starting to gain speed."

Looking around, there were not many seats available, so he had to give his small moment of victory at a bit of small talk with a girl that wasn't Uraraka a pause, not knowing how to continue onwards.

"Still Midoriya, your analysis is quite insightful and you are the best at hero history in class, so care to join us at a table and continue discussing? The information may be useful."