Chpt. 5

** Notes at bottom**

     Her latest date with Tristan happens to be on a Friday in the second week of December now which means she will have to cancel because of her library shift. So on her way to the library she texts him, she has to cancel because of her shift but what she doesn't know is that once he saw the text he thought of an idea of surprising her at the library. It's 6:30 and she has already had an hour of her shift and has two and a half more to go till she gets a text message to look behind her. Which then she hears "Hey, miss me ?" Tristan says from behind her which makes her squeal and jump into his arms which makes him chuckle. 

   "What are you doing here?" She asks him why he's here on a Friday night. "I came to surprise you and to maybe either keep you company while you work or help you work or both I haven't decided yet?" He says with his signature smirk while laughing which she joins in on.

     An hour later she is putting away books while he sits and talks to her about anything which is boring to anyone else but is the most fun they have had all week. Until she feels her phone buzz twice which grabs her attention as she grabs her phone to look at what is there, her heart stops and her breath hitches which grabs Tristan's attention as well The two messages were that Busy Bean will be closing because of money problems and the second one is a reminder of the monthly mortgage being due soon. 

    Her breathing starts to speed up as a panic attack arises which peaks Tristan's attention even more so he gets up to see her in a ball, tears going down her face, shaking, which makes his heart plummet. He drops to the ground right next to her, taking her face in his hands, making her look up at him like he did on their first date. "Hey hey, beautiful look up at me," which makes her look up at him with tears falling down her cheeks, "What's wrong dear?"

     Her shaking hand points down at her phone which he grabs with one hand while the other is still on her cheek rubbing it slowly to calm her down as he reads it. "Oh baby it's going to be ok, we can figure it out." He says as he puts the phone back down, putting his other hand back up onto her other cheek. 

     Both Tristan and Sam lost each other's eyes, unknowingly moving closer together, closing their eyes while closing the gap between them with their lips as they captured their first kiss. After a couple of seconds, they move apart, putting their foreheads together as they breathe. "Well, that went better than expected," Tristan says sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck, making Sam snort, which made both of them go into a full-on laughing fit for about ten minutes. 

What Sam didn't see was the realization of Tristan realizing how much he loved this girl.

**I know it's short. I am trying to spread it out more and not have it so squished. Please don't forget to comment. With lots of luv <3<3 -MG**