The New Recruit

We both walked downstairs and saw a 50 BMG sniper on one of the tables. I stopped to look at the gun when Connor walked over to me. "In this training session," he said, "We will see how you handle with snipers." He picked up the sniper rifle and carried it outside with me following. All I could think about was Haylie's nude body but Connor snapped me out of it when he put the rifle on a table outside. I walked over to the table and sat down. Connor then instructed me on how to load, stabilize, arm, and hold the rifle. Downrange, there were a series of three types of targets, the first was a stationary bullseye, the second was a mannequin, the third was a moving target. I felt Haylie's presence behind us. I aimed down the sights at one of the mannequins and squeezed the trigger. The kick from the gun felt like I got hit by a car but I missed my target. I tried again and failed. I gave up and sat there until I heard Slender-man phase walk. I saw him appear with a boy, no older than I am, holding Slender-man's hand. The boy had blood coating his hands up to his elbow, blood all over his shirt, and a blood-soaked knife in his hand. He looked at Haylie with a look in his eye that I didn't like. "That girl is cute," the boy said in his thoughts, "She will be mine!" A soft growl rose in my throat and I grabbed the rifle and shot at all the targets. I hit every target and I imagined they were the kid holding Slender-man's hand. "That's enough for today, Claire," Slender-man said taking the boy inside with him. As the boy walked past Haylie, he stole a glance at her butt which made me release a soft hiss. I calmed down when Haylie grabbed my hand then we walked into the house together. The boy saw us holding hands and there was a glint of anger in his eyes. "I just have to get rid of her," he thought, "or I can turn senpai against her." "Okay everyone," Slender-man said, "This is Kylar. He will be training with Claire to become a Proxy." Anger rose up in my body but it quickly subsided. Haylie and I went up to my room to hang out but Slender-man told us to take Kylar with us. I sighed and agreed.