5: Driving Dudette Drea

"Drea? You done?"

I hat each and every dress of them, well most of the ones chosen by Becca and Jane. Becca even chose a hot pink dress that was so puffed up, I had no space in the fitting room. It sucked on that level. One was too shiny; another too sparkly, another too sequin-ny, another too requinny-what does that even mean? They were too shiny, too sparkly, too sequinned, too dressy, too regal, too slinky- one was even so long that I was sure I'd rip each step.

"DREA SAWYER!" I jumped.
"WE'VE TRIED ON 75  DRESSES,-"
"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR 45 MINUTES HERE!"
"BECCA'S BEEN WAITING HERE FOR THREE-FOURTHS OF AN HOUR!"
"-Isn't it the same?"
"Yeah, I think it is."
"Isn't 45 minutes much easier to say?"
"No, it isn't.:
"Yes, it is. For-ty five. 3 syllabus."
"Three-fourths. What's so hard about saying that?"
"THAT'S NOT THE FREAKING POINT!" A new voice interrupted their bickering. Oh, shucks. Now they're going to agree with the new voice.

"Yeah, not the point."
"Totally not the point."
"RIGHT. The point is Drea still doesn't have a dress and the party is in a FEW HOURS!"
"HOURS!?!"
"OMG, EVERYONE! RUSH!"
"For the last time," I called, "NO SEQUINS!" 

More and more dresses piled, I had no more space to stand. I removed my shoes- I didn't want to dirty those beautiful dresses. Who am I kidding? I don't want to pay for them- I'd be broke for life if I did.

"Here, Drea." Candace, I think she's Candace, threw me a dress. "No sequins."
This one was much better than all the others- it felt soft, velvety, and was beautiful, the kind that had a little sparkle and not blind-you kind of sparkle. This was it. 

I had found my perfect one.

Dress-level. Nothing beats jeans and PJs. And hoodies.

When I went out, wearing the dress, The girls went all quiet. Well, except for Janet who was furiously typing on her phone.

Becca nudged her- Janet looked up at me and went silent.

What kind of silence? I had no idea. Was it a nice silent, or you're-so-ugly kind of silent that-I-have-to-shut-my-sound-box silent?

"Alright, I sighed. I should not've got my hopes up. What was I thinking? Dresses and Drea do not go together. "Becs, grab me another pair of PJs and a gray hoodie. Janet, text the boys to meet at Hungry Joe's. Text them to order for me and not swipe at my fries." I glared at the others, who were still staring at me. "Stop ogling at me, I'll take it off! Geez-" 

"It's beautiful on you, miss!" A shop assistant clapped her hands. She's so sweet- wait, this must be probably a part of her job too. I smiled at her.

"Young lady, are you buying that dress? If you're not, I'd like to buy that one for my daughter, it'd look good on her."

"Sorry, ma'am," Randy put her arm around my head and winked at me, "it's taken."
________

"WHY ARE WE NOT DRIVING TO HUNGRY JOE'S!?!" My beloved friends had helped me so much, they made me pay. My wallet died, and I heard my bank account take a fatal blow. I was mad, hungry, no experience of driving- the one time I did drive a car, Eli's, Noah's, and Randy's souls flew up. Janet had clutched onto my driver's seat and Becca and Candace hugged the open window, hands latched through the seat belt. And, they never let me touch a steering wheel again. I've never had a problem with it. 

Until now.

"YOU TOLD ME YOU'D TAKE ME TO HUNGRY JOE'S TO COMPENSATE ALL THAT ENERGY AND TIME I SPENT INTO THIS HUGE MESS!" 

If it was me behind the wheel, we'd be at Hungry Joe's now. I'm the Driving Dudette Drea.

The car was blowing up. 

"Candace, do something!"
"I don't know, I'm driving! Ask Randa!"
"She's going to infuriate her more!"
"I'll sing along right now."
"Not the time, Becca!"
"HUNGRY JOE'S!" I chanted.

"Someone calm her down!"
"My car!"
"Let it go, let it go~!"
"Candace pays 50 bucks to whoever calms her down!" Jill declared.
"What? Why me?"
"She's going to tear the door handle off."
"50 BUCKS!"
"Stop the DAMN CAR!"

The wheels screeched to a stop. Janet, sitting by the door walked out. Minutes later, she returned with a chocolate-caramel milkshake and rocky road ice-cream. She handed me the items. I immediately switched back to the awesome nice person I am. 

Janet stretched her hand out to Candace. "50 bucks, girl."