Chapter 10

Dialogue, language, mild violence

There's nothing like winter in the city, children playing in snow and adults drinking hot cocoa, staying warm, Christmas is almost here. It's John's favorite time of the year. "Babe, I can't wait to find out what gender the baby is!" John squealed as he drank the cashew milk that he's been craving for the past five minutes, "yeah, peaches. Same here, and if it's a girl what's going to be the name of her?" he asked his hyper boyfriend.

"I would name her, Philippa, like from the play on Miranda," John explains as he rubs his belly softly, "but if it's a boy, we'll name him Philip..." he finished his sentence and sips some of the milk in his water bottle, Alex chuckled and put his arm behind John's passenger seat, "I think that would be the best, Jacky," he said as he kissed his cheek.

They arrive at the OBGYN office, "John, I want to say this right now, you're the most wonderful and outstanding person I've ever known, and I would give everything up for you and our little bundle of joy..." Alex puts a curl behind John's ear, "why are you saying this all of a sudden?" John asks as he tilts his head.

The two walked inside only to be immediately stared at by a bunch of other people, Alexander saw the tv with the couple and leaked information about them, explaining what happened between Hamilton, Laurens, and Schuyler. This made Alexander furious, but John held his hand to keep him calm. He pulls him to the reception desk, "Hello, we're here for our appointment with Dr. Sykes." John said ignoring the stares and mummers from other patients.

"Okay, sir. Just sign this when you arrive in her office, and she'll be there in less than three minutes- oh! It seems that she's already here..." the lady said as the Doctor appears behind them.

John and Alexander turned around and saw a blonde-haired woman with a lab coat on and blue scrubs, "come with me, gentlemen..." she said as she led the men to her office.

John sat on the table as the paper underneath made some crunchy noises, "hello, Mr. Laurens, how are you today?" She asked, "I'm doing fine, just some Braxton Hicks, that's all. I'm excited to find out the gender of the baby!" John said fiddling with his fingers.

The doctor giggled at the young man's excitement, "Okay, but first we need to hear the heartbeat and then we'll see the gender." She said as she pulls the machine from the corner, "lay down please." the doctor puts the cold gel on John's belly.

John didn't flinch because throughout the past appointments they've been doing this for a while, not to mention that they have fingered him to check on his pelvis.

Sykes puts the heart meter wand on his swollen abdomen and moved it around, they hear a faint heartbeat and the baby moved on the screen as if it was trying to get comfortable. "Oh my god! Alex, look!" John's voice cracked as he pointed at the screen of their baby, "that's our boy. Or girl.." he chuckled.

"Well, you're right Mr. Hamilton! It's a boy!" She announces.

John's eyes start to water, he turns his head towards Alexander and said, "that's our son..." Alex leans down and kissed him on the lips sweetly. "Yes, it is...."

Nothing could ruin this moment...

Or will it?

—————————
John is at home wrapping presents while Alex is at the jeweler's looking for the most perfect ring for John.

"So, sir, is this what you like?" The employee asked him as he showed him the beautiful diamond ring. "Yes, this is beautiful!" He said holding the expensive ring.

"That'll be $24,000." She said, "cash, credit, or check?" He asked, "any would be fine..." she said dismissively. He paid her with his black credit card and went one with his day.