13: Revenging Her

Killian

When she rested her hands over his heart, he swore he felt his chest constrict. It seemed that the little angel was adorably unaware of the effect she had on him: the way she said his name or how she acted. Even as she looked up at Killian, he swore her expression was like the epitome of perfection.

Shit! What was she doing to him?

But any thought of her was evaporated from his face as he entered the courtyard, his eyes immediately zeroing in on his targets, his jaw clenched with anger.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked gruffly.

The guards were standing at the gate, the beggar halfway out of the entrance. Killian knew from experience that they feared him, and rightfully so, because the two of them would pay for tainting her sight with an act as ugly as this.

They quickly bent at the waist and bowed. "Your Highness, it's an honor to—" one of them started.

"Answer my question," he snarled.

Now a little more nervous, the exact reaction Killian expected, they looked at each other deciding on an answer. "T-this peasant dared to ask the crown for extra rations for those hybrid horrors,"

"We dealt with her accordingly" the other chimed in

In turn for their answer, he smiled at the guards, but not the friendly 'let's braid each other's hair and go picking wildflowers in a meadow' type smile. It was more of a 'wrong answer. I'm going to kill you' type.

The hybrids, to him, didn't seem of much importance, but they weren't any different from the other citizens of his kingdom. The majority hated creatures like them but only tolerated the ones left because they were children. And certainly, it was not an excuse for what the angel had just witnessed.

Killian chuckled darkly and stepped closer. "You boys remember what happened to the last guard who stepped out of line, don't you?"

He could hear one of the guys gulp loudly. "Y-yes, he was executed on the spot."

"That's right. Well done," he mockingly praised, like a teacher congratulating their student. "Do you two wish to end up like him?"

"No-no Sir w-we..."

"Because that could easily be arranged," he said, smirking.

"I-I-I—" Killian interrupted him again, before the guard could say anything but this time with a kick to the side, knocking one of them harshly to the gravelled floor. "You so much dare as to enter the princess's vision again, and I will personally end your immortality right then and there, you worthless piece of shit!" he said, while kicking him a few more times.

He didn't want his hands red and bruised from the beating because, for some reason, he didn't want the princess to know. He didn't want her to see what everybody else did: a monster - his true self.

Finally crouching down, he said in a low voice, "Get out of this castle."

Killian waved his hand, and the other man knew what to do. He immediately scurried to the floor and supported injured guy, taking him out of his sight.

"- a little bit of an overreaction, no?" A familiar voice joked, making Killian roll his eyes.

_________
Thank you for reading :3
I hope you have lovely days/evenings/nights
<3