CHAPTER EIGHT. 呪われた子宮

呪われた子宮 . cursed womb

 cursed womb

A TORRENT OF emotions swelled in the depths of your heart. Eyes trailed on the raindrops outside. The rain was gentle, lightly tapping against the window of the car. The engine roared with quietness as the vehicle pulled up to the detection center. Nobara and Yuuji rode in the middle while you and Megumi sat in the back.

Assistant Director Ijichi woke you at the break of dawn with a very worrying expression. Having known Ijichi for most of your childhood, you knew something was wrong.

Yet, as informed as you were about the situation, something felt off and you didn't like it. Your instincts were screaming at you— things weren't right in the air.

The urgency in his voice didn't make you feel much better. You rushed out of bed, changing swiftly into your uniform before dipping out to see that Yuuji, Nobara, and Megumi were called. Eyes scanned the surroundings to see that Gojo was nowhere in sight, another settling shudder went down your spine as you entered the car that morning.

Rapidly, your heart thrummed against its prison of ribs. It was just another curse, like any other curse. What was so worrying?

"(y/n)?" Megumi's voice reached your ears when you snapped out of your thoughts to meet his eyes. You assured him it was nothing before you felt a hand reach over to touch yours. "What's the matter?" His voice was soft.

"I feel anxious..." You told him, looking out to see the droplets of rain splatter against the glass. You felt his grip on your hand tighten which caused your head to lift and turn towards him once more. "I promise I'll keep you safe."

Fushiguro Megumi never broke his promises. Since meeting you, he always promised to be beside you since no one else would be. He promised to keep you safe. He promised he'd always be there and be your friend.

"Thanks, Megumi," you gave him a soft smile to which he nodded before the car came to a halt. The five of you exited the car, stepping out into the wet environment. Puddles of rainwater pooled at your feet, the wetness of the water meeting the leather of your shoe. Your eyes trailed to the grey building before you, one that radiated a sinister ambiance.

"Our window verified the cursed womb roughly three hours ago. Once ninety percent were evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center." Ijichi explained, turning to look back at the young sorcerers before him. "All within five hundred meters have been evacuated as well."

Yuuji raised his hand in confusion. "Um... What is a 'window'?"

Ijichi turned to look at him. "Someone who is a member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses, however they are not sorcerers themselves." Yuuji nodded his head silently.

Ijichi turned back to face the detention center before continuing, "Detainee Block Two. Presently, there are five detainees in there with the cursed womb."