CHAPTER FOUR. 治癒過程

治癒過程 . healing process

 healing process

MENDING BROKEN BONES was a bitch to deal with. Your body was capable of fixing itself over time thanks to your cursed technique and it certainly made life easier but healing bones was another trial of hardships you didn't want to endure.

It had only been a day but you did your best to mend your body of its wounds. It was certainly taxing on your own physical energy but it helped speed up the whole healing process. Megumi had come by your room several times during the day to ensure you were okay despite him being in just as bad condition as you.

"Do you need anything? Water? Pain killers? Fo—"

"Megumi."

He stopped immediately, his concerned eyes landing on you. A soft, gentle smile laced your lips as you looked up at him, his eyes meeting yours. "I'm okay, thank you for the concern but truly— I'm okay." You laughed lightly, watching as he looked away with a tinge of red on his cheeks, mumbling something you couldn't quite hear.

You recalled meeting Megumi for the first time around the age of eleven or so. Yaga had you living at the school for protection's sake and recall meeting a very young Megumi with Gojo.

"Who is he?"

Your eyes trailed to the dark haired boy before you. His hair was unkempt, his face was dirty with grime and his arms were covered in bruises. His dull eyes met yours, a darkness lurking within them that caused your body to shudder.

A young Gojo chuckled softly, pushing the dark haired boy forwards despite his obvious discomfort. "His name is Fushiguro Megumi. He'll be attending the school like you one day so Yaga wanted you two to meet one another."

The boy lifted his hand, waving silently to which you awkwardly lifted your hand and waved back. Gojo patted his back, urging him to speak to which the boy froze and looked to the ground.

"Fushiguro... Nice to meet you..."

He held out his hand, still looking at the ground and refusing to meet your gaze. You sighed, gently taking his hand into yours. Immediately, you noted how rough his hands were, presumably from the scuffles he has been in with all those bruises.

"(l/n), nice to meet you as well Fushiguro." He nodded quietly before drawing his hand back to himself.

"Now now, you two are going to be classmates soon so let's show some enthusiasm! I have some business to attend to so feel free to chat~" Your eyes widened at Gojo's words but before you could utter anything out, he had vanished.

You slowly turned back to Megumi who was kicking the rocks at his feet, obviously uncomfortable with this whole situation. You took a sharp inhale and decided to do your best and keep the conversation going.