CHAPTER FIFTEEN . 出血星

出血星 . bleeding stars

 bleeding stars

"NOBARA, WHAT ARE you doing with that suitcase?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at the auburn-haired girl hulling her pink suitcase behind her.

Nobara dropped the magazine of Kyoto she held and spun around in confusion. "What?! Why are you all empty-handed?! Aren't we going to Kyoto for the Exchange Event?!"

Panda tilted his head aside, rubbing his neck. "It's an Exchange Event with our sister school in Kyoto. Held in Tokyo."

"NO WAY!" Nobara screamed, fingers threading with her auburn hair as she complained about the preparations she's made to travel to Kyoto.

Maki raised an eyebrow at her, placing a hand on her hip. "No wonder why our conversations have been off lately."

You laughed nervously, explaining the rules to Nobara. "It's always held at the school who won in the previous year."

Nobara grabbed onto your sleeve, pointing accusingly at the second years. "Then don't go winning! I was ready to go sightseeing!"

"We didn't participate last year. Only Yuuta took part to even out the match ups." Panda explained before Maki chimed in. "That was prior to freeing Rika. Apparently it was an overwhelming win."

You recalled the events of last year's game. Yuuta absolutely dominated the game, destroying anything and everyone who came across him. It made you shudder, thinking back on how strong Yuuta was with Rika's help.

"Hey. They're here." Maki announced, directing her gaze to the Kyoto group walking up from the entrance. You turned to see Mai standing at the front, frowning at the sight of her sister. "Oh, look. It's everyone from Tokyo all together. How cute of you to greet us."

Your eyes immediately flickered to your half-brother who wore his stoic expression as always. His ebony hair tied by white ribbons, his eyes pressed thinly closed. He bore neither a smile nor a frown.

Greeting words fell from your lips fluidly as if recited a thousand times before. "Salutations, dear brother..." You watched for his reaction, observing every twitch, body movement, everything.

"(y/n)... I do hope today's fight will be a good one." Noritoshi nodded towards you. A rather formal greeting, less of menace but more of gesture. How very much like him.

Nobara stepped forward, glaring at the Kyoto group. She pointed at them accusingly, scowling in annoyance. "We're about to kick your ass!"

"Who is that first-year? She's scary." The blonde witch, Nishimiya Momo shook her head at the Tokyo group, bringing her broomstick closer to her chest.

"Never mind Okkotsu being absent. Isn't having three first-years a major handicap?" The mouth of the Kyoto second-year Mechamaru fell open.

Nobara stared in awe, pointing at the speaking robot in excitement. "A talking robot! A talking robot!" You laughed quietly at her disposition.