CHAPTER SIX. 無邪気な落ち着き

無邪気な落ち着き. innocent calm

 innocent calm

FOOTSTEPS ECHOED THROUGH the halls as you, Yuuji, and Nobara walked into the dark abandoned building. The deep shadows enveloped you, warping and shifting as you walked down the concrete halls. The deafening silence made you uncomfortable, proactively moving through the building didn't help your unsettled nerves.

Eyes flickered from side to side, looking into the shadows drawn by the lightless building in search of curses that roamed the empty halls.

Yuuji turned the knobs of closed doors to peak inside, most were storage spaces that were empty. Nobara strides ahead, having little fear of what was possibly ahead whilst Yuuji was taking a more cautious approach. You walked beside Nobara, examining the crevices and cracks of the building with little result.

"So, what cursed technique do you use (l/n)?" Your eyes met Nobara's before you let out an awkward laughter, rubbing the back of your neck. "Ah, Blood Manipulation." Nobara's eyes widened, her jaw dropping in shock.

"Seriously?! One of the three great clan's power? Wait— don't tell me you're like— the secret love affair child of the Kamo clan," you laughed again, more quiet than your last at the mention of the Kamo clan. It made you a bit uneasy upon hearing the name, even if it had been years since then.

"Perhaps~ guess you'll have to find out!" You jested, smiling at Nobara as you skipped ahead to which Nobara chased after you with a pout on her face.

A flight of stairs that lead to the floor above was ahead of you three. Yuuji cautiously closing the door of the room he had just examined. He turned his head to see Nobara marching up the stairs before she groaned, walking up the steps. "Ahh— what a pain. Why do I have to deal with this the moment I come to Tokyo?!"

You chuckled softly as she stomped her way to the top of the stairs before Yuuji protested. "Wait! Kugisaki! Shouldn't we stick together?" To which Nobara looked over her shoulders and sighed. "It'll save time to split up. Why don't you go with (l/n) since you're new? I can handle the curses myself."

Yuuji frowned at her, "curses are dangerous you know... maybe you should take this more seriously— AUGH—" Yuuji loudly winced as Nobara kicked him and walked up the stairs with a fierce determination. "Like I said, you and (l/n) stick together and I'll deal with the curses!" She grumbled as she marched up the stairs.

You rushed to Yuuji's side as he flung himself upright which startled you. "Your emotions have been all over the place today!" He shouted after her to which Nobara angrily shouted back, "and this is why girls don't like you!"