10

Art: Creekarino on Reddit

I don't wanna say this is Filler but it definitely is, Don't worry, the next chapter will be much more interesting. Also, I figured people would figure it out but no one has yet soo...

I named the Gryphon after Philza's Wife, Kristen! Which, in this story, is the SBI sibling's but I had to improvise since the Gryphon is male.

______

"Are you sure you wanna pay, we can split it?" Wilbur argues with Cara who shakes her head, the three of us sitting in the restaurant area of the Inn as the tired Woman from last night served us food. 

"No! I don't have much money on hand, but the Board can pay for the carriage, no problem." Cara explains with a small smile, stuffing her face with pancakes. 

"When are we leaving?" 

"Tonight! I have to get back to the board as quickly as possible." Cara exclaims, placing a hand on her chest and shaking her head. 

"I mean, we could go now. I don't have any stuff to pack." I say, propping my feet up in the empty chair next to me. 

"O-Oh, you don't have any last-minute things you wanna do?" Cara questioned, Kris, curled in Wilburs lap. I shake my head, "The Baron wants to speak with me before we leave, but that's all. What about you?" I ask Wilbur, tilting my head at him. The brunette looked down at the floor. 

"I don't have any plans either." He said, voice a bit shaky. 

"I would like to leave quickly, now that I think about it." I raise a brow, me and Cara glancing at each other as I turn my head the way Wilbur had been staring, a Guard in the corner of the room staring him down. As I go to speak, the guard makes his way over, looking down at us with a cough. 

"If you plan to leave, be careful out there. Some bandits were found. Attacked by some sort of...animal." he trailed off at the end, Cara raising a brow as the guard averts his glare back at Wilbur who hadn't looked back up. 

"Okay. Thanks for the warning." I say quickly, hoping the guy would take the hint and leave. The guard scoffs, turning and leaving the Inn. I roll my eyes with a sigh. 

"That was...Strange." Cara said, watching through the window as the guard stands with a few others, his face unseen. 

"Are you okay? If someone looked at me like that I'd be uncomfortable too." Cara attempts to comfort the uncomfortable Wilbur, who nods. 

"I'm fine." 

"Well, you can go talk to Lizzie while I take care of our carriage problem," Cara says, changing the subject, standing and sprinting over to the bar to pay the woman for our breakfast. I nod, patting Wilbur on the back as I stand. 

"Maybe you should stay in the room until I come back." Wilbur rolls his eyes. 

"I understand your concerns, but I'll be fine. I'm an adult, I can take care of myself." I sigh, watching as Cara excuses herself to the woman, waving to us as she leaves the Inn. 

"I just worry about them harassing you." 

"They have no proof. Besides I did them a favor, I don't know why they care." I raise a brow, did he really not think they'd be worried about something slaughtering people right outside their city. 

"Alright. I'll see you in a few." I say, pushing in my chair and walking away right as the Innkeeper walks over to clean up. I make my way back towards the 'castle' unsure if that's what I should call it or not as it seems more of a lighthouse without a light at the top. The sun reflected off the glass mosaics of the tower nicely, splashing many different colors across the ground. I step up the stairs, the guard by the doors only passes me a glance as I push through the front doors, the area still lit mostly by torches as there were no windows on the ground floor. There were fewer people around than the night before, Lizzie was sitting at the table, seeming to have just got up herself. 

"Oh, You're here, I'm guessing you're leaving then," Lizzie said as I stepped up to the base of the table. 

"Yeah. Anything you want to share with me before I leave?" Lizzie frowns, her elf ears twitching slightly. 

"No, Not at the moment. I was hoping you'd stay longer, in case I had another vision. But I will take up no more of your time. I'll write to you if anything comes up." I nod, turning to leave the castle, how...Anticlimactic. 

"Oh, Y/n!" I turn around, seeing Scott running up to me with a large grin. "I heard you're leaving and I wanted to give you this. It's a symbol of luck here." Scott explained, dropping a large Emerald circlet in my hands. 

"Thanks, Scott." I say, with a grateful nod, pocketing the piece of jewelry. Scott salutes, "Come again soon, would ya." He says with a laugh as I exit the castle. I spot Cara quickly, her bright robes standing out against the dark layering clothing everyone else around wears. It was definitely easy to tell we weren't from here, or elves. I speed walk over to her overhearing the conversation she was having with the carriage driver. 

"Miss, please. As far as you want to go, I'll need more." 

"That's all I have, I assure you, the board will pay for everything when we arrive." I step towards the two, grabbing Cara's attention.

"oh, Y/n, just bargaining," she says, with a sheepish smile. 

"How much do you need exactly? Maybe I can help?" I ask, Ignoring Cara to face the driver "the little mage here gave me half, If you have the rest have a deal. I glance down at my coin purse, or, where it would have been, I must have lost it at some point. With a sigh, I shake my head.

"I'll get to it, just don't leave town yet." I say, grabbing Cara's arm and walking the two of us back towards the inn. 

"So, we're broke?" I question, Cara, nodding slowly, seeming embarrassed at the prospect. 

"It seems we have some work to do then?" Cara sighs loudly at my words, flopping down face first on one of the beds as we enter the room. I close the door lightly behind me, just as the door to Wilbur's room bursts open, the tall brunette peaking inside 

"You guys are back? I got our stuff ready." 

"well..." I say, narrowing my eyes at Cara who doesn't move. 

"We don't have enough money to pay the carriage," I explain, crossing my arms with a sigh. 

"I have some money." 

"Really?!" Cara cried, getting up in the brunette's face. Wilbur chuckles slightly, retrieving a somewhat large pouch from his pocket and shaking it, the familiar jingle of coins filling the room 

"Dear calla, you didn't tell me you guys were Rich" Cara exclaimed, snatching the bag from Wilbur and counting the coins in a quick glance before looking at me 

"I didn't either," I say, raising a brow at the male who rubs the back of his neck. I assume he grabbed all that money off the bandits when he...ate them. I cringe a bit at the thought despite having done the same in my other form. 

"I guess we can head out now," I say, watching as Cara ties the bag up and tosses it back at Wilbur who catches it flawlessly.