13

Art:  https://twitter.com/ATiredMasa

This is very long - Pog!

________________

I don't remember falling asleep the night before but I awoke the next morning alone, blue light shining in through the stained glass into my eyes. I rolled over, placing a pillow over my head to escape the light continuing to pour into the room. The migraine had developed to a low dull headache, but it was still annoying. After a few minutes of laying there in an attempt to fall back asleep, I noticed the lack of a certain presence in the room. I tossed the pillow to the side, glancing around the room but my eyes land on a white folded piece of paper on the table next to the bed. I grab it, reading the message before letting out a sigh and tossing the paper. I get to my feet, taming my hair with my hands before grabbing my bag and the rest of my items, Wilbur having already taken most everything. I rush down the stairs towards the Main area, being careful not to tiredly stubble and end up falling down the stairs. I reach the library, the area much more lively than it had been the night before. I pushed my way through many of the people towards the door to the arena Gumi had mentioned when a voice rang through my ears. 

"Hey! I know you!" I glance over my shoulder, connecting eyes with the same brunette Mage I had seen earlier, Quig. My eyes widen for a moment as the teen shuffles his way towards me. I debate my options for a moment, not really wanting to talk to someone I had nearly put in jail only about a year ago when a hand lands on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Me and Wilbur are over here." the sound of Cara's voice caused me to turn my head, connecting my eyes with her own. The curly-haired woman grabs my arm and the two of us push through the crowd, hopefully away from the boy. Cara leads me through several doors before we reach a small, outdoor area that seemed to be on the edge of the mountain, railings covering the sides with several benches and tables scattered around. I glance behind me as the large glass doors we had gone through close behind me, no sign of Quig. the only other people outside were what looked like two students reading next to each other, some food sitting in front of them that they seemed to be ignoring. Cara leads me to the other side of the deck area where Wilbur was leaning against the rails, looking down the side of the mountain. Cara takes a seat, her eyes on me as I do the same. 

"I grabbed you this, I figured it's better than just that cape." The brunette says, passing me a beige coat with white fluff surrounding the hood and the inside. 

"Oh, thank you," I say, Wilbur turning his attention from the view towards the two of us. 

"I tried to give one to Wilbur, but he wouldn't take it," Cara says, slyly glaring at the taller male who chuckles. I fold the coat in my lap, before a plate is shoved in my face. 

"Here, We already ate." Wilbur says, sitting back down at the table. I pull the plate closer to me, it wasn't much of interest, just some fruit and what looked like oatmeal. 

"Gumi said you guys are leaving today, I think she went to get some horses, per Jordans request." My eyes widened a bit at the brunette's words, Wilbur's doing the same. 

"He's just giving us horses?" I question, watching as Cara nods her head, a look of confusion gracing her features. 

"Yeah, he never usually does that for travellers, you guys must be special huh? What exactly are you guys doing anyway?" Cara asked, raising a brow. I glance at Wilbur only to see him doing the same to me. 

"well...It's complicated..." I trail off, taking a bite out of one of the apple slices. Cara eyes the two of use, before a sigh leaves her mouth before she gets to her feet. "Well, whatever you guys are doing, I wish you well." The woman says with a smile, before she leans down, wrapping me in a hug for a few seconds then pulling away. "Thank you Cara." Wilbur says, nodding at the brunette. Cara gives one last wave, before entering the school once again.