chapter 41: broken pictures

Ricky turned around faster than light, to see Nini standing in front of a trashed apartment, he walked and stood next to her. There were papers everywhere, broken plates, the whole room was upside down, there were clothes all around the house and the drawers were empty.

"Someone broke in, did they steal money?" he broke the silence while grabbing a picture of them, completely shattered.

"No, I checked but nothing valious is missing. I'm gonna check the cameras, do you remember the password?" asked Nini, while grabbing the computer and sitting down. He sat next to her and looked at her. She was trying to stay calm, he saw how her eyes started to shine when she saw the broken picture in his hand. He gave her a kiss on her shoulder and then laid his head there.

"It was at prom, remember? Before the whole drama between Carlos and Gina." he said, looking at the photo.

"Yeah, I remember. We all left after that, but we went to get ice cream. I think that's when I realized that you guys were going to stand by my side always." they both stayed in silence. "We have to call the police."

"I already did, they told me that because we are not in danger, they are going to take a while. Don't worry, this shit happens sometimes. It sucks that it happened when we were coming back from our honeymoon."

"Yeah, I know. I just- It makes me mad. The whole apartment is trashed and our pictures, even papers with my songs are gone. Oh, it's loaded." Nini took off her tears from her face and started to play the cameras.

"They opened the door with a key. I can't tell who it is." he said, the person who opened the door was hearing a blank hoodie, so many Pretty Little Liars jokes could have been made in that moment, but they were too serious to make them. Maybe later.

The burglar started to check every drawer, trashing every single paper, Nini's heart broke with that sight. They weren't able to see who really was because the quality wasn't that good. They heard a knock on the door and Ricky stood up, but Nini stopped him, and looked at him with a worried look.

"It might be the police baby, don't worry. Stay here." he went to open the door and found someone he thought he was never going to see again.

"Gina."

"Welcome back, Mr. Roberts. Is the Ms. home?" said Gina, wearing a black hoodie and holding a knife with one hand. He stood back, scared of what she was able to do.

"Ricky come here fast! It was Gina who brok..." she ran towards the door when she saw her. She stopped on her tracks and looked at Ricky who was shaking and shaking his head, as his way of telling Nini not to do anything crazy.

"Here she is! The one and only, who I have been looking for! How was the honeymoon, Nina? Did you enjoy it?" said Gina, while closing the door, Ricky went next to Nini, trying to protect her from whatever Gina was planning.

"Very much. And how are you, Porter? Having fun planning what other rumours of me you can invent?"

"Not inventing, but planning, always. You know... after your posts on Instagram about me, my whole career went downhill. No one wants to hire a bully and a liar."

"They have a good reason." said Nini, she wasn't scared, she was mad. She was ready to fight.

"Maybe... But you also have a good reason to say nice things about me now. It's really stupid of you to keep your diary so easily to reach. I took a couple of pages, sorry for the mess, I didn't give a shit about your music career." said Gina, while grabbing a couple of papers from her hoodie. She was walking around the house, while Ricky and Nini were on a corner, Nini in front of Ricky.

"I don't have anything to hide. Post those things, take their money, I don't fucking care, but get the hell out of our lives."

"Take it easy, Missy. The role of a wife is not looking good on you. Here's the thing: If you don't do what I say, I'm going to reveal your diary and everything Ricky did to you. I also have some private scripts from your husband, I guess Hollywood won't like that he leaves confidential information around the world."

"What do you want Gina?" Ricky was the one to talk now "You want money?"

"No honey, I want you guys to do me a little favour. Just say that you lied to your wife about me, and that she believed you. A public and really good apology that I wrote for you guys! C'mon, I get my life and job back."

"And we ruin our reputation and get nothing from this."

"You have enough money to live your entire lives. Besides, I also have things from your friends, well, my old friends. I took my time in your little apartment, I have pictures, videos, e-mails, texts. Really stupid of you Rick to leave everything open on your computer, which I advise to put a password to enter. Hollywood won't like the conversation you had with Maya when you came back. People are not gonna like how you slept with her while Nini was heartbroken." she was standing in front of them, a smirk on her face. If it was up to Nini, she would delete that smile from a punch, but she was also scared of what she was able to do. But before she could answer, a knock on the door. Then another, Gina was trying to see who it was, but Nini was faster. She hit her on the head and opened the door, the police entered and saw the woman on the floor, they didn't wait to take her and ask questions to the owners of the house.

"I have footage of her breaking in, and I recorded her threats on my phone." said Nini, weirdly calm. Ricky was speechless, he was kind of in shock looking at Gina trying to fight back to the cops.

Everything happened so fast.

He saw Nini looking at him with a smile but it faded when she looked at Gina.

He heard a scream, and how the cops threw Gina to the floor.

Then he felt a weird feeling on his body.

He saw how there was blood on the floor.

He saw Gina's knife stabbed in him.

And then, the whole world went black.