Chapter 22 - Coming Out...Again

When I woke up, I had a headache and my eyes felt puffy, but I was surprised when I felt the pleasant flow of sparks along my skin. Facing me was a sleeping Aubrey, his mouth parted slightly as he breathed. I could feel Evander's chest pressed up against me, along with his arm draped over my waist. I resisted the urge to wiggle around in fear of waking them up. If I did, I wasn't sure I could face them just yet.

I'd royally screwed up. The fact that they embraced me even after how shitty I'd been made me want to die of mortification and regret. What did I ever do to deserve them? When I felt Evander shift around from behind me, I quickly closed my eyes and evened out my breathing. Stupid. He's a vampire!

I heard him sigh, then I felt his hand brush away the hair in my face. "I know you're awake, Aaron. Your heart is beating faster."

I gulped, refusing to turn and meet Evander's gaze that burned holes into the back of my head. He sighed. "Aaron, can we please talk?" He asked with the hint of a beg.

"Why don't you just yell at me some more. Maybe it'll finally get through my thick skull," I grumbled.

"I never meant to yell. My emotions got the better of me. I was worried, stressed, and hungry."

I turned around to frown at him. "Are you not those things anymore?"

"I'm still stressed, not as worried now that you're both safe, and my hunger has been sated."

"By what?"

"By me," Aubrey whispered.

I gaped at Evander. "You drank from him?"

"Yes. He practically begged me to," Evander explained. He tilted his head a bit. "Does that upset you?"

"No," I said in surprise. Did I sound upset? "I was just surprised."

"Aaron..." Aubrey whispered and gripped my shirt.

"You want to talk, too?" I asked.

"Yes, we need to. We keep having these talks when something pops up, but something always pops up. Why can't we let everything out now?" He explained.

My stomach turned. Was I ready to talk about it? Any of it? What could I say? They deserved an explanation though, right? They did... "I- I don't know if I can explain everything to you just yet," I admitted.

"Why not? If you would at least tell us what you need, we can try our best to provide it, Aaron. You don't have to explain everything, just give us something to work with."

I bit my lip. "I don't know what to talk about."

"Alright, let's start with this: Aubrey and I kissed last night," Evander said.

I looked at him with a frown. "Okay?"

"Does that make you feel anything?"

"Uh...happy for you?" I offered.

What else was I supposed to say? They were mates, too. Kissing was expected. Hell, we all should've kissed days, even weeks ago. Most mates did. Even if I hadn't kissed them yet didn't mean they couldn't. I was glad they were showing affection to each other.

"Alright. And have you ever felt the need to kiss either of us?"

"I don't- I-," I stumbled over my words. "Maybe? Yes? No? I don't know..."

Evander frowned. "So, is that a no? You've never wanted to kiss either one of us?"

"Yes and no," I tried to explain. "Um, like, I sometimes want to, but I also don't. When we were in Osaka and you tried to kiss me, I panicked because I felt like it was too soon? I think. I don't even know for sure myself."