Chapter 13 - Whiney Alphas Aren't Fun II - Lorence's Revenge

Great Goddess above, please, end my suffering.

"This is all a bit too convenient, don't you think?" Lorence demanded, already stood up as if he was presenting some grand idea.

"We already explained, Alpha Lorence. Visions are visions. It's not a matter of convenience so much as it just happened," Alpha James said for probably the fifth time already.

Yet another meeting...woo. The only thing keeping me from banging my head against the table repeatedly was Evander's hand firmly grasped in mine. The moment Alpha Lorence started being a handful, Evander slipped his hand into mine under the table. I was more than grateful for the distraction.

"How do we not know that this bloodsucker just wants to lure us into a trap?" Lorence spat, pointing a finger at my mate.

My composure snapped for a moment and I glared right at the offending man. "Don't you dare speak about my mate like that," I gritted out. "Or I will kick your ass out of here myself."

"It makes no sense! A vampire shows up and all of a sudden, the kitsune is having these dreams about the vampire's ex? Are we writing a fairytale right now? Does no one hear how ridiculous this all is?" Lorence exclaimed.

"If I may," Evander suddenly spoke up.

All eyes turned to him. My mate paused for a moment to gather his thoughts before he said, "You're right, the way things are progressing does seem a bit ridiculous, but you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Visions are very powerful and should be regarded with the utmost caution. If who I believe is trying to call me is in fact doing so, then it could be for more than just me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him curiously.

"Dragons are different from the shifters of this realm. A lot of them have powers that can classify them as mini gods. They also live for thousands of years. It's easy for any one of them to pick up magical arts. Perhaps, Rin trying to warn us all of something bigger? As if they are peering into our future," he tried to explain.

Different, huh? Doesn't sound so different to me, I thought bitterly. "So, you're saying that Rin might be trying to contact us about...The Eye?"

Evander paused. "I'm not very sure, but it's possible. Which is why I wanted to suggest something," he said, looking around at everyone.

"Do tell," Alpha Kristen encouraged.

"An expedition," Evander stated simply. "Maybe Rin, or whoever is sending this message, is trying to ask for help so they can help us. Wouldn't it be nice to possibly have an explanation for the dragon's behavior and a potential ally?"

"And who exactly would be going on this expedition of yours? It would be into unknown territory for who knows how long. You can't expect us to send a lot of people," Alpha James pointed out.

"I'd go," he started. My mate glanced at me, silently asking if I'd join. As if he needed to ask.

"I'll go with him," I agreed, fighting a smile when he squeezed my hand.

"I'd like to go as well if that's alright."

All heads turned to look at Erin, who had a smile on his face. "I want to be there if it means we can get some help against our common enemy."

I almost wanted to argue against him joining us, but I knew it would do nothing but undermine Erin's authority. He was an idiot, but he was also a grown man who could make his own decisions... sorta. He needed pushes at times.

"Well, that's three," Alpha Kristen commented. "Who else would be willing to go?"

Everyone glanced around at each other before a few others raised their hands. Among them was Alpha Lorence, which shocked me to no end. "Why do you want to go? I thought you accused my mate of setting a trap for us?" I bit out harshly.