Chapter 3 - Soo...

Aubrey surprisingly kept up with me as we ran back into the theater. There was still plenty of chaos: people fleeing - or at least trying to - whilst wolves and cult members fought in the aisles. My eyes frantically searched for our mate when Aubrey suddenly tugged on my hand. "There!" He said, pointing out our mate.

He was fighting off what looked to be a spotted hyena. Probably that man he was with, I reasoned. We quickly ran up the aisles to help him. When we arrived, he glanced at us, pausing on Aubrey for a brief moment, before reaching out to try and stop the hyena mid-lunge. The hyena brought him to the ground, but before I could step in to help, our mate threw him off, sending the animal crashing into a row of chairs.

He panted for a moment but kept his eyes on the hyena as it shakily stood back up again while cackling. The laugh sent a shiver down my spine, but our mate didn't seem to be affected. He crouched down in preparation to fight, a hiss escaping him. I noticed that he was dressed in a very nice suit - well, it would've been nice had it not been ruined by the chaos - with a small, blue sticker on the lapel. So he was a non-human. That's what our intel told us the blue sticker stood for. Besides, I didn't think many humans could launch a hyena into the air like that.

The hyena lunged again, but our mate was more prepared and dodged its attack, before scrambling to escape it. He looked at us one last time before running off at an inhuman speed. Shit!

Aubrey and I took off after him, but we could hear the hyena bounding after us. I hurried Aubrey to go faster and I felt so bad for making him run around like this when he'd obviously not been fed well enough. He was all skin and bones.

"Wait!" I shouted after our mate, but I doubt he heard; he was long gone.

The hyena behind us yelped and I glanced behind me to watch as a wolf pinned it down and tore into its throat. I quickly looked away and made sure Aubrey didn't see it as we finally escaped from the theater.

It was no use, there was no way we'd get to our mate in time now. We'd have to leave without-

"Wait!" Aubrey cried, pulling me after him.

Our mate was by the valet station, searching through the keys to probably look for his. I almost wanted to laugh. Why was he looking for his keys at a time like this? If that wolf hadn't taken the hyena down, our mate would have a lot more to worry about than finding his car.

Aubrey pulled away from me to run to our mate. I almost went over to follow, but I heard the distinct sound of trucks revving. Oh no. I ran around the corner of the building, watching as our rescue vehicles drove off, followed by plenty of wolves running beside them. Okay, maybe that car will be useful now.

I ran back to my mates, only to find Aubrey hugging our very confused mate. I stopped when I noticed him look up at me and slowly walked over. I wasn't sure what to do now. Introduce myself? Hug him too? Smile? Okay, a smile sounded good for now. I offered a very awkward smile, throwing in a wave for good measure. "Uh... hi."

Smooth, Aaron. Real smooth.

"Hello?" Our mate responded, glancing warily at Aubrey.

Aubrey pulled away to smile eagerly at our mate. "It's so nice to finally meet you both," he breathed, glancing at me. "I never thought I'd meet my mates."

"Mates?" Our third echoed, pausing.

Oh...oops.

"Right, yeah," I said, cringing when a nervous laugh bubbled up. Geez. If Erin saw me, I'd never hear the end of his teasing. "We're all mates. Uh, I'm not quite sure what you are so I don't know if you can feel it but.."