10. FIN

Josephine sat at the back seat of the car as Gerard drove her home. She was physically in the car but her mind was somewhere else. More like on someone.

She thought back to the man she met in the café.

He was not like what everyone makes him out to be.

He wasn't cruel or vicious as everyone says he is, nor did he hurt her in any way.

He was sweet and charming, polite too.

Fin, however, saw that he can be dominating too. The way he spoke to her and the way he said her name, sends a shiver down her spine.

She knew she would meet the Don of the Italian Mafia someday, however, she never thought it would be like that. She thought they would meet in a Mafia event or through mutual allies.

She had a great time with him and when they were ready to leave, they exchanged numbers.

Her phone suddenly dinged.

'Speak of the devil,' she thought.

The message brought a smile to her face.

I messed up my suit. It read.

It was from the Italian man, who caught her attention.

'Then next time, you should try to eat cleaner. She replied, giggling.

'Can you teach me?' She didn't know if he was kidding but she still replied with 'sure'.

He replied, 'Great, then I am taking you to dinner Thursday, six o'clock.'

'You're serious?' She asked, her heart beating a little faster.

'Yes. I want to get to know you, Josephine.'  His message made her happy.

'Okay, but can I meet you there?' Fin knew her brothers would never agree to let a male pick her up nor will they let her actually go on the date.

'I would have liked it better if I picked you up myself, but okay. Is King's Palace okay?'

'Perfect' She replied with a smile and placed her phone on her lap.

It dinged again.

'I'll count the hours until then, Il mio dolce ragazza'

She laughed as she read that he called her 'his sweet'.

'How cute,' she thought.

-------------

When she got home, she saw Vesper sitting on the couch, shouting angrily on his phone in Italian. 

"Find him and kill him," her brother said in the language.

She paused. Did he just order to kill someone? 

Josephine mentally slapped her head. He's Italian, there are guns all over and the house is like a fortress.

He's obviously in the mafia.

There's only one Italian mafia in New York. The one where Donatello is the Don.

well, unless he is from a rival family but as far as she knew, there is not a single person who is willing to go against Donatello.

"My brothers are in the Mafia and they are in the same one as the man I am interested in. I did not see that coming," she thought.

She would still ask Donatello to be completely sure.

Josephine cleared her throat to get her Vesper's attention.

She smiled at him and went to her room, leaving him to deal with his call.

Fin decided that she wouldn't bring up anything with the Mafia to her family unless they tell her themselves or at least until it is absolutely necessary.

Josephine entered her room changed her clothes to more comfortable ones. She wanted to rest a little.

As soon as she laid down on her bed, someone knocked on her door.

"Come in," She said.

Theo poked his head in before fully entering.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

She nodded her head and then thought about the person who immediately captured her mind as soon as she met him.

"I'm glad," said Theo, "I'll call you for dinner in a few hours."

Fin thanked him and he kissed her head before leaving her room.

Soon after she drifted off to sleep, happy with how the day went.