Chapter 12-One Last Time

Percy studied his old home. Little to nothing had changed, besides the atmosphere. It was a nice day, but inside Percy only felt disappointment. In spite of all he had done when he had been, well, living, they still forsook him. He became a demon to society, the reaper of mortals. As of recently, immortals too. All because of this group of demigods. If but one person had held onto him, one had brought him hope, he would've been just fine. But no, Pandora's Pathos had been opened in some way or another, and the final dark being was released from its jar. Himself. 

Ending his train of thought, Perseus strolled into the dining hall, amused that nobody was present. It was rare for this place to be so empty. Evidently, the demigods were numbered less than usual, or all together in some certain area. Maybe they were performing worship nowadays, Percy had no idea. Continuing to walk, he saw the first signs of life, a few demigods spread out around the camp at fair distances. He sensed a gathering somewhere, and he also felt the satyrs, nymphs and dryads near the forest. For a moment, his thoughts went to Grover. That dude had done nothing wrong besides being too occupied. His empathy link should've alerted him to something though. Percy could feel it was no longer intact. 

As for others... he could care less. Mrs. O Leary definitely had people who would care for her, namely the son of Hades. Blackjack was a pegasus with infinite amounts of things he could do. Finally, Percy turned and saw the cabins. He jogged to the one that used to be his. Cabin 3, childen of Poseidon. Opening the door, he admired the little changes it had undergone. There was more decor, a trident seemingly imbedded into the wall, a spring in the corner by the bunks making a soothing noise. It was chilly, yet dust didn't show on the walls and floor, a surprise to Percy. Apparently his half-brother kept things in good condition. Suddenly, he realized lots of people were heading towards him. Among them... ah, his formerly favorite companion. The daughter of Athena. He turned to face where they approached from, at total ease with what was coming. When they finally came into direct view, he smiled to himself. They looked no different, immortality doing its job. The only thing he could see that wasn't there before was a slight depression behind their eyes, emotion he knew was caused by his death. 

Eventually, the demigods noticed him. Most of them just turned to keep going wherever they planned, but a few, all of which he recognized, trudged over to meet him instead. Annabeth got close enough to see details of his face and body, and instantly stopped in her tracks, prompting those with her to also pause in confusion. When they looked at her, Annabeth had eyes wide as saucers, and her expression was so distraught Percy himself was impressed. 'I guess that's what confronting your past looks like,' he thought to himself, his smile becoming more sinister. Even with his different looks, and minor cloaking, Annabeth knew him from a distance. Piper, Leo, and a son of Demeter he recognized but didn't remember the name of waved their hands in front of Annabeth, who continued to become more and more alike to a skeleton. Percy would know, he had seen plenty. With much time spent processing, enough for Percy to become bored and mildly concerned she would drop dead on the spot, the blonde girl finally spoke, her voice resembling the croaking of who had seen Phobos and had no time to recover. He chuckled quietly at his own thoughts. "Percy-Percy is that truly you?" Annabeth choked out, tears forming in her eyes. Upon hearing those words, her friends turned and looked at Percy with their mouths slightly agape, before coming closer, dragging Annabeth behind them. How supportive. 

Soon, their own faces mirrored that of their compatriots. Percy couldn't contain his laughter and doubled over, giddily feeding on the fear, sadness, and regret in those who faced him. It was a violent sound. "Yes, I am Percy. In a way. Not the demigod you knew, but a stronger version." His voice seemed to snap Annabeth out of her shocked, embarrassing, and she lunged at him, arms wide. Reacting faster than she could ever dream of, even if he could sense the godliness radiating off of her, Percy dodged and pulled out Riptide, which could hardly be recognized anymore as the blade Zoe Nightshade had gifted him. He pointed it towards her, ensuring she didn't move towards him again. "No no no, Miss Chase. I am no family of yours. I don't do contact." At that, his other former friends spoke, their voices covering one another, so the cacophony of sounds irritated him. He heard Piper more than the others, perhaps because her voice held power. "We are so sorry!" She had said, a tear falling as she let it go. The words gave Percy no sympathy. As if sorry made a difference. "Oh, you're forgiven. No, not really. Rot, Piper McLean, you saved some family in the past but this bond is gone. And for all of you..." He trained his eyes on everyone else, his glare landing on Annabeth in the end. She shivered in agony, presumably due to the verbal beatdown being delivered. "You will all see me again. On good terms, no. But I promise, when you see me, you shall feel the pain inflicted upon me at the end of my life. You'll know what you put me through. All of you. Twice over, you shall see me and lose me. Be ready for karma." 

He shadow traveled in the broad daylight, pulling darkness from within to the surface. He was gone in a flash, leaving several crying demigods behind, and one crying goddess, suffering from their own actions. Cruel perhaps, but Percy didn't do kindness to anyone besides Nemesis. All would pay the price so righteously earned. Appearing beside said goddess, he wrapped an arm around her in half a second, getting a small flinch in answer. They stayed that way for a while, before something was felt in the world around. A quaking, power being spread wide and far. A challenge. At the previously visited camp, he felt the origin of the ability. His previous contestant was back, and he was to answer the call. Kissing Nemesis hard, he did what he could with the little time he had left. She responded in kind. 

After all was said and done, he shadow traveled once more, appearing where he knew he must to claim the fight he so desired. 

Order waited, knowing what would happen. Pesky demigods passed out left and right, unable to manage her aura. 

The world rested on Perseus' shoulders. Order's dreams could come true with the outcome in her favor. 

One last fight for the fate of Earth. 

Just one last time. 

AN: Ah, the second final chapter. We have one more to go, then I can wrap up a story for my first ever time. This has been a pleasure to write thus far, and I hope to satisfy you all with what is to come. Have a great day, and soon I will be back, hopefully to finish this off well.