Chapter 6-Challenge

Order had some ideas of how to approach the Earth. She'd had several thousands of years to think of how to most effectively resolve the issue. The biggest blot on the land was the gods themselves, but to hurt the gods she would have to do something indirect. The final solution for her would be to just single-handedly attack each powerful being herself. That was something she wasn't sure would be worth the risk. Especially if Chaos fully arose within the next few years. A mortal form Order could handle, but the full strength was much more of a dangerous fight. Chaos would win more than the alternative. 

No matter. It was time for her to make her moves. 

Running on houses in the city, jumping from edge to edge, occasionally stopping and looking around, Percy was on the move. His anger and boredom were killing him. There was no outlet for him to take advantage of nearby, and his powers seemed to be dormant, a result of his high emotions. He kept on moving, knowing that nothing would come out of it. 

An immortal being nearby popped out from nowhere, a presence he thought seemed vaguely familiar. His eyes gained a crazy light. After the tense attitude he had been in, a chance to punish a god or goddess sounded very, very appealing. He made his way in that direction, speeding up until he was a blur to mortals. When he got close, he hardly slowed down, drawing his sword and preparing to slash as soon as he was close enough. However, when he saw who it was, he stopped. 

Her aura. It just felt so personal to him. Like something that almost belonged to him, her domain seemed to be calling his name. Nemesis, goddess of revenge, standing straight and looking away from him, seeming to be frozen in the grip of time. She looked dark and mysterious, somewhat powerful, although she seemed to glow as he got closer. Her power grew with each step he took, until it matched some of the more powerful gods. He didn't fully understand why. Finally making his way next to her, he took another scan of her form. Something made her special to him, and he didn't get it. But he seemed to like being with her, a feeling arising he had all but forgotten. She turned toward him, not looking surprised in the slightest. Neither of them spoke for a long moment, just studying the other, waiting for something to happen. Eventually, her voice was heard, cold and meaningful as it was. "Perseus. You seem to be something... different then I had thought. Your thirst for revenge is pushed well back. But you can't bury your emotions forever. Such poor treatment will eventually have to be punished. However... you also make me better. The surge in my power is a consequence of your desire. It effects me so much I could possibly harm the Olympians like this. And even more unnatural... I feel connected to you. I can see you feel much the same. As I dominate this conversation, I have some... irrational urges. What to do with them, I have some idea." She spoke slow, each word filled with meaning and darkness. He lusted to hear her speak more. But all good things end. He knew that better than anyone. "I sense you speak truth. Your words resonate with me as well. The darkness within me calls for you to do what you will with it. I am no longer who I once was. Your power is relentless, and I feel the crave to fight more than ever next to you. I wonder whatever I shall do." 

These words seemed to spark a small reaction, one she tried to cover up quickly. Percy smirked. One point for him. His composure really was hard to copy. However, her eyes then narrowed. Without giving a warning, she pulled him into a kiss, one he attempted to quickly break out of, before losing the urge to get away. For some unnatural reason, she seemed able to influence him however she would like. The sensation almost felt comforting. At the same time, a rage stirred in him that was begging to tear the world apart. His body seemed to involuntarily relax, the tensed muscles he had loosening up, while his veins seemed to show even further. It just didn't add up. When she finally pulled away, he was dazed, barely able to process everything he had just felt. He wanted so badly to do it again, but at the same time, he despised the entire setting. 

Nemesis was the goddess of balance for a reason he supposed. 

She had taken away his balance, but she seemed glad about it. Her lips curved into a small smile adorning her face, one which he found rather attractive. It was all wrong but right. She must've sensed his inner struggle. Eventually, she put a hand on his shoulder, before whispering in his ear. "You have my blessing. Wreak vengeance upon those who attempt to turn the tide the wrong way. Unleash hell." At the same time, she leaned in closer again. "You are also mine. And as long as this works. I am yours." Before he could argue, he was forced to stay silent from contact. 

What just happened?