Chapter 2-Darken

Percy felt something he hadn't in a long, long time. Sadness. The boy who was generally devoid of emotion had tears going down his face. He had to reap his own mother's soul. His life had already been cruel enough as it was. He could sense the cause of her death was nothing that was her own fault, and that broke him even more. But her soul was still alive, something people didn't know was a thing. The body dies, but the soul is alive for some time before it goes to the Underworld. It allows the soul to choose which afterlife seems most appropriate. Generally, Percy visits the most cruel people and reaps their souls to imprison them in a punishment that is worthy of all the worst beings. He rather enjoyed it. The Hunters of Artemis would probably approve. But when it came to peaceful souls, he had little power to do much for them. So he let them go to the Underworld and carried some of their essence when he slew that which was left. But, no matter his intentions, he could not harm his mother, even if it was for the best. He was supposed to be an unbreakable reaper like his brother, but he wasn't prepared for this. With no other choice, he killed that which was left behind of her. Using his power, he blessed her soul, hoping it would make an impact. Then, he left the house numb to all. He forgot himself. And he mourned. 

Time passed, and Percy got better. But not really better in the sense that he got over her death and his role he played. No, he stopped crying constantly and became totally cold to all. Occasionally he would show sparks of emotion, but only two people could bring it out of him. His brother and his adoptive mother. In his world, nobody else mattered. All else was expendable. Riptide seemed to change as well, the blade blackening and the hilt becoming red, almost as if it was painted with blood. The nymph it was made from would not approve. But it reflected emotions better then anything else could. It showed what Percy truly was. 

Dark, empty, and violent. Power that was not necessarily unbridled, but definitely unrealized. Potential like none would ever know. And pure anger and sadness, the two most lethal emotions. All of his Percy's time was spent slaying people, monsters, and practicing swordplay. It got to the point where he looked like the embodiment of death and danger more so then any other of his relatives. Average height, pale, gangly arms, and a mask covering his whole head, in the shape of a scythe. It almost resembled Kronos' own, but it had enough twists and varying details you could tell the difference. His swordsmanship was so lethal and efficient that most primordials would find him formidable, with their enhanced skills. He feared nothing, and his death was impossible, but he daydreamed of it. He couldn't be more unstable. 

He was taking a usual stroll through the victims of his torture, listening carefully to the newest person screech in agony. It brought a wicked smile to his face, which was relatively unchanged, save the irises of his that gleamed with a mad light. They were more blood-red now, no sign of his sea green eyes being there. It would be as if the Devil took mortal form. All that was missing was a pair of horns on his head, and pure fire control. And maybe some minor details, but specifics are irrelevant. He was a demon of power and talent. 

When told of rumors that involved upcoming titans or primordials, Percy didn't care. Whether he could be manipulated was a question none could answer. Whether he would fight was another. Perhaps he would run to the being with open arms, hoping for a chance to leave his post. Or maybe his fatal flaw was too powerful. Or maybe he didn't have a fatal flaw anymore when he got switched to immortality. Nobody knew except him, and none were willing to ask, lest they find themselves decapitated in the blink of an eye. 

His life was agony. And he spread the agony around on those who earned it. But there's another problem on the dark horizon, and Percy would make a choice. To stick with the gods, or to abandon them, like everyone else had done besides his current family. He would change the fate of all again, however he pleased. As the gods sit on their thrones, they can feel the chills from the being that wished for revenge. Soon it would arise. 

Once again, their hero would have to answer the call. But they had no idea where he was. 

What would Percy do?