Chapter 7-Carnage

Order was prepared. She had summoned several warriors, all infused with her own essence. They existed to carry out her will. For now, they served one purpose, and that was to test the world's defenders. The gods kept civilization alive, and without them all she had to do was exterminate her sister. Thus, to get rid of them, she would have to kill those who protected those Olympians. That meant the pesky demigods. Weaklings, especially without the person who used to protect them. Speaking of him, perhaps she'd send some of her soldiers after that one. Out of the dozen she had, she could have perhaps three attack him. That should potentially be enough. The rest could all attack other targets.

Let it begin. 

Using a small portion of her ability, she sent two of the warriors after the hunters of Artemis, three in an isolated location where she was sure Percy would find them, then four to the stronger of the two camps. The rest went to Camp Half-Blood. It was time to get rid of some of the stains on Earth's surface. 

Percy wandered the city rooftops, processing everything that had happened not long ago. He had love for the goddess of Revenge, he realized now, but he also knew it was largely formed due to the agony manifested inside him. He decided not to question it. He felt better from the interaction, and stronger. Then, he sensed a presence. Some weird breed of nonliving, but mortal creature. With a slight pause, the being seemed to triple in number. So three mortal-like undead beings. Sounded like something he'd like to fight. Shadow traveling near the area, he noticed he was in a mostly clear field. It was easy to spot the creatures. Armor-encased, with large weapons and a confident stance. They seemed to know his location as well, as they cocked their heads in his direction. Stepping out of his cover, he strided up to them, slowly accelerating as he went. They matched him, moving slightly less quickly. He engaged in combat with the first one, while the others rounded behind him to strike at his back. "Ah, so playing unfair are we?" He said in a cold voice, a smile on his face. Suddenly, his expression darkened, turning morbid, and if the beings he fought could feel emotion they would be shaking in fear. Percy's smile turned sinister, as a dagger spawned in his left hand, and he began to successfully match those who attempted to cut him from behind. In a heartbeat, they were all disarmed, as Percy's arms began to accelerate to inhuman speed, knocking their weapons out of their hands with no effort. 

He kicked them to the ground in one fluid motion. Showing no mercy or curiosity, he slit their throats one by one, causing them to fade. However, he saw the essence that was left behind from their death. It started to sink into the ground, but he didn't allow it to go further. Summoning his will, he narrowed his eyes at the particles, before breathing deeply. His irises turned to a dark, pitch black color, tinted with red. Using all his will, he pushed the particles apart, causing them to shake in some weird sort of pain. With one final effort, he pressed the essence to himself, and it sunk into his skin. He practically glowed with power. Finally, he settled, feeling like he had just gained the power of a minor god. He looked at himself, and than noticed the loss of lives happening in a familar area. He snickered to himself. It was time to get stronger. 

At Camp Half-Blood, people were suffering. Death and decay was everywhere as these powerful foes attacked within the boundaries, managing to wipe so many demigods out in no time at all. The warriors fought with ridiculous skill, outclassing even the more powerful and experienced campers. Only those present who were there in the prophecy of seven could manage to hold their own, although even they were pressed back by vicious strokes from what weapons were launched at them. Annabeth panted as she faced one of the creatures who reminded her of spartoi. It disarmed her with the hilt of its blade, and just as she had accepted defeat and was about to be stabbed, until the warrior dissolved, leaving a totally covered man in its place. She looked up at the man in fear, but also hope, unsure of his motives. He radiated power only an immortal could, but that wasn't too reassuring. Quickly, he seemed to disappear, before she saw him appear again behind the final warrior left and slice its head off. It turned to dust. He then sighed deeply, before inhaling like he couldn't get enough air. Just as quickly, he stopped. He looked around at the dead bodies, before looking up to see the demigods staring in awe. He simply smiled and waved. "Goodbye, demigods." They gave a confused look, and Annabeth began to yell at him, before he vanished into shadow again, this time appearing in the woods. 

He looked around confused, before realizing what this meant. A sly grin crossed his face, and he dashed toward the sound of metal on metal. Artemis could be seen dueling with an undead being, and he quickly rushed over and stabbed it in the back. Before she could process what had happened, he had moved on to the next one, quickly slashing it to pieces before clenching a fist and causing shadows to swallow the final one, which had been dodging arrows with ease. He did his usual process to take the energy, before glancing at Artemis. She was just staring at him, clearly sensing his new power to a small extent. "Ah, pesky goddess. Seems like you needed assistance. I'm surprised you haven't alerted the Olympians to my presence yet. Perhaps you've gotten a little smarter. Anyhow, I've been chatting long enough. Bye, she-devils." With that, he left once more, appearing at Camp Jupiter. The demigods there had already defeated the beings, with relatively few casualties. He pouted. "Nothing left to fight for me? I see how it is." Before finally teleporting one last time, willing the essence to come with him. He formed solid back in his bed, taking in the final particles, before resting, allowing dreams into his mind. He saw Nemesis in those dreams, and he treasured what they did together.

In Tartarus, Order flailed in pain, feeling herself lose some strength. She had made a mistake, one she couldn't afford to do again. She hissed in sheer rage and agony. 

The test was complete. She had more to worry of than she had wished. 

But she wasn't defeated. The demigods would die. 

But Percy may be first.