Chapter 1

Kyrie's POV

Today is my sister Asia and I first day at our new school Martin Luther King School. Since my dream is to become an NBA player, I decided to transfer here because it's the best sports boarding school in the country. I'm only in seventh grade, but that shows you how serious I am about chasing my dream. My father decided to move to New York so we are staying in hotel until he finds a job and house for us to live at.

"Ky come on I don't want you and Asia to be late" my dad yells. Only thing I hate about the school already is we have to wear these ugly uniforms.

"Dad I'm coming" I reply. I walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen.

"Why do you look annoyed?" Asia asks.

"These ugly uniforms we have to wear." I answer.

"Oh Ky we only have to wear them during school hours we which is only 6 hours so we have 18 hours to be free" She explains.

"Thanks for telling me that" I said.

She nods and we go to the car my dad drops us off at school. I am really nervous now I only know Asia, however my dad told me I will make some new friends . I look at some of the kids playing basketball. I go over there and start watching them play the boys they look about 2 or 3 years older than me. The ball rolls over to me and a tall skinny boy comes over to get it.

"Hi my name is Damian" the boy says.

"Hey I'm Kyrie" I say. He starts laughing so hard.

"Really your name is Kyrie that such a girl name" He laughs.

I get so upset "No it's not you jerk take it back" I say.

"Why don't you make me?" Damian says.

He pushes me and I push him back. We start fighting and they kids around are recording, laughs, instagating. Then another boy who seems to know Damian come and breaks up.

"What the hell is wrong with you Dame you know you gonna get suspending boy" the boy says.

"John this little punk needs to know who he's messing with" Damian scoffs.

"Yo who is you calling a punk with your corny ass" I scron.

"What fool" Damian scorns. He tries to come fight back but John stops him.

"Look let's go I don't want you fighting no more" John says and takes Damian away.

Great my first day of school I get into a fight. I look at my schedule and walk to my first class. As soon as I'm about to go in I hear

"Kyrie Irving to the principal office please" The lady says.

Aww man come on my year is already starting off horrible. I walked to Mrs. Murphy office damn she is fine.

"Mr. Irving have a seat honey."

"Yes ma'am" I say.

So boys you know we do not tolerate this type of behavior in school. Since this is your first day Kyrie I will let you off with a warning, but for you Mr. Lillard you have two weeks of detention.

"What that some bs he hit me first this is not fair" Damian yells.

"Alright since you raise your voice 4 weeks do you want 6 or better yet I will not allow you to play basketball this year" Mrs. Murphy.

"Anymore comments."

"No" Damian mumbles.

"Good now go back to class."

"Mrs. Murphy listen he said my name was a girl name so I got mad I'm sorry" I confess.

"Kyrie sweetheart if someone is bullying you then you walk away not engage okay now go back to class." She says.

"Yes ma'am" I say.