Chapter 18

Damian's POV

Today is the biggest and greatest day of my entire life. I can't believe I am graduating high school and going to college. If you would have told me about 5 years I would be going to college. I would've said you were nuts. Coming to Dr.King School definitely changed my life, I became a better person at this school. I was able to gang two best friends who I consider my younger brothers Kyrie and John. I was blessed with the best girlfriend in the whole entire world. These are going be memories I cherised with these amazing people who I call family. I'm so sad that it's over, I have to move on. I am excited to start this new chapter in my life.

"I can't believe your graduating today bro" John speaks sadly.

"I hate this just as much as you do J." I say. Kyrie comes into the room. He buys me my favorite snack.

"Thanks Ky" I said.

"No problem" Kyrie mumbles. I know this is a sad day for all of us.

"Dame what am I gonna do without you" Kyrie confess.

"You will be fine without me" I say.

"No I won't I don't think I can handle having another roommate beside you it won't be same." Kyrie cries.

"Look guys I will visit you guys okay we will keep in touch I promise I got y'all." I explain. They give me a big hug. It's gonna be hard to leave them.

"Guys I have to ready for class day see you guys there" I say.

"Hey baby" I say. I tapped Skylar on her shoulder.

"Hey cutie" Skylar squeals. She gives me a tight hug.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"I'm gonna miss Ky and J" I answer.

"I know I'm gonna miss Bria so much you don't understand" I say.

"I have an idea" I laugh. She laughs

"You're silly."

"I know let's go sit down" I say. Skylar and I got about 10 awards and we have lunch with our friends and family.

Graduation Day

I'm in a white polo shirt red tie black pants black church shoes, right now I'm sitting on my bed looking at all the pictures of the memories I had with Kyrie and John. I don't think I ever explain how I met my friends. I met Skylar in eight grade when I was at lunch with John and Kyrie. Ever since I saw I had a crush on her, cause she is so beautiful. Learning that she played basketball made her like her more. At her basketball, Kyrie and John dared me to ask her out. I accepted the challenge scared about what she was gonna say but she said yes. I meet John when I was in third grade and he was in second. He was a shy kid, I was the talkative loud kid. I guess he felt comfortable around me so we just clicked. I actually got into a fight when I met Kyrie, thankfully we are now bestfriends.

"Dame we have to drop you off" my dad yells.

"Coming" I reply. Well this is it my biggest lifetime achievement.

"Damian Lamonte Ollie Lillard" the princiapl announces. I cheers from my family and friends. After everyone name is announce I walk out the football field onto the cement.

"Damian I'm so proud of you" my mom cries.

"thanks mom" I laugh. I take pictures with everyone.

"Skylar come here" my mom says. "Take a picture with Dame"

"Okay normal pic, silly pic, now kiss." my sister La'Nae says. We are hesitant at first I lean into her and kiss her lips softly.

"Awwww" everyone says. We both roll our eyes.

"Y'all are so extra" Skylar says.

"For real" I agreed.

"Whatever come on Dame take one with us" Kyrie laughs. We take about 5 pictures.

"Okay party time." They through me the best graduation party ever.

Later that night.

"Bye baby" Skylar cries. She crying because she knows tommorow we are going to the airport.

"Don't cry you will see me tommorow okay" I say.

"I don't want to leave you Dame I'm not gonna see you in who knows how long." She whines.

"Okay let me ask." I say.

"Can Sky stay over?" I ask.

"Yes" my dad says.

"They said yes" I smile.

"Hey do you think we can last" Skylar asks.

"Of course we can." I reply.

"Are you gonna stay all four years?" she asks.

"Yes baby girl" I answer.

"I love you so much" Skylar says.

"I love you too." I give her a kiss which gets heated and I pick her up. We made love to another for last time in a long time. We cuddle under the bed after.

Airport

I am at the aiport with my family, Kyrie, John, and Skylar.

"Flight 46." the flight attendant says.

"Well this is it guys." I say.

"Have a safe trip I can't believe it's over" John says.

"I know bro but I will keep in touch" I say.

"I hate that your gone but you off to big and better things." Kyrie says. We do our handshake and hug.

"Bye big brother I gonna miss you Clyde" La'Nae says.

"Bye baby sis I'm gonna miss you too be good" I laugh. She laugh "I will".

"Bye baby son remember to call me every night" my mom cries.

"I will" I say. I give her a hug and kiss on the check.

"Bye pops bye bro." I say.

"Bye Damian" they say in unsion.

"I saved the best for last" I say to Skylar.

"Damian I'm gonna tell you this now before you go. I don't how I can accept this is goodbye. I am having a hard time letting you go. You don't understand how hard it is letting you go I know I have to but it's not easy it harder than I thought You mean everything to me, your my heart, my baby, the love of my life, pain in the ass, my best friend, and my soulmate.I love you so so much and I'm gonna miss you so bad" Skylar cries. "Skylar I love you so much. I know we're only 18 but I gonna do this now." I say. I get on one knee. Skylar looked shocked.

"Omg Damian gonna do it" La'Nae screams.

When I met you, I knew I'd met my match.When I look into your eyes, I can see a reflection of the two of us and the life I hope we'll share together. I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it. When I look into my heart, I see only you. If you can look into your heart and only see me, then we should spend the rest of our lives together. When I think of the future, I like to picture us as two trees planted side-by-side, our roots growing togther more firmly as the years go by, and our children sprouting like seedlings around us. I love you Skylar.

"Will you marry me?" I ask. She cries

"Yes I'll marry you" I say. I put the ring on her finger and we kissed. "I have to leave baby bye" I say. I kiss and hug for one last time. It's so difficult to let go. I pull away and I'm on my way to Weber State.