Let me take a look

(Meredith POV)

A few days later, one day at work I was approached by dereks best friend, Mark Sloan. "Hey Grey!" He called as he jogged over. I turned to him and smiled. "What's up Mark?" I asked. "I heard what happened. Mind if I take a look at that scar?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows but nodded, wondering why he wanted to help.

"Are you free right now? Cause I am." He said. I looked at my watch. "Yeah, I have an hour before surgery." I replied and followed him into an exam room and laid down on the table. "Lift up your shirt please." He said. "Can I page Derek first?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "Of course." He replied. I took out my pager and paged Derek to the exam room.

"So, you really like Derek, huh?" He asked. "I do." I replied, blushing. "Good. He seems really happy Grey." Mark replied. "I hope he is." I replied quietly.

"What's going on? Why was I paged here?" Derek said as he came into the room. "I told Grey I would check out that scar and see if I can fix it up a little bit." Mark replied. Derek nodded and walked over to me. He leaned down and kissed my forehead gently. "Lift up your shirt please." Mark instructed. I pulled my scrub top up to my bra strap. Mark examined the scar first. "I'm gonna palpate your abdomen, okay?" He asked. I nodded and squeezed dereks hand.

His hands pressed into my tense stomach and I inhaled sharply. "That hurt?" He asked. "Yup." I replied. Derek squeezed my hand. "So, I think I may be able to relieve the pain a little bit and make it look a little better with a simple scar revision. It's a simple procedure that will make the scar less conspicuous and will help it blend in with your skin tone. And for the pain, I have some special cream you can only get on the east coast that will soothe it." Mark explained. "That sounds very appealing. What do you think?" I asked Derek. "It sounds tempting. What are the recovery times? How long will it take? Will it hurt? Will she be under anesthesia?" Derek shot off questions left and right. "Recovery will be no more than a week. The procedure itself will take about an hour or two, and it shouldn't hurt too bad. Pain will be managed with oral meds. And to answer your final question, you can be under anesthesia or just sedated." Mark answered.

(Derek POV)

"What do you think?" I asked. "I think I should do it. I really hate the scar. It's big and pink and jagged." She replied. "Okay. If you want to do it, then let's do it. I'll be there with you." I replied. I was nervous though. I hated seeing her in pain, even if it was a pretty common thing nowadays. "Let's do it." She replied. "Okay. Well, I have a surgery in a little bit, but I can fit you in tonight probably if that works for you." Mark said. She nodded. "Yeah. It'll give me time to tell the chief and talk to Bailey." Meredith replied. "Okay. I'll schedule it for 7 tonight. After you tell the chief, I want you to get yourself checked in. You want sedation or anesthesia?" Mark asked. "Sedation." Meredith replied quickly. I frowned. "Why not anesthesia?" I asked. "I don't want to go to sleep again." She replied simply. I nodded and smiled. "Okay. I'll see you tonight. I gotta get to surgery." Mark replied as he left the room.

"You sure you want to do this?" I asked. "Derek, I hate the scar. And it hurts. And I don't want to be self conscious every time we have sex." She replied. "Okay." I replied softly. "Let's go tell Bailey and the chief." She said. I nodded and grabbed her hand to lead her out of the room.

"Chief!" She called out. Richard stopped and walked towards us. "What's up guys?" He asked. "Dr Sloan offered to do a scar revision. And I want to do it." Meredith explained. "Okay. When will this be?" Richard asked. "Tonight at 7 if that's okay. Recovery will only be about a week." Meredith said. "That's fine with me. Make sure you tell Bailey though. Are you sure about this Meredith?" Richard asked. "Yes. I want to do it." She replied. Richard nodded. "Okay." He said as he walked away. "That went well. Right?" Meredith asked anxiously. "It went well, Mer." I confirmed. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. "Time to find Bailey." I said. Meredith nodded and we walked down the hospital.

(Meredith POV)

"Grey." Bailey said as Derek and I walked up to her. "Hey Bailey." I said. "I wanted to let you know that Dr Sloan is doing a scar revision tonight. And as your my doctor, I just wanted to let you know." I explained. "Okay. Good luck." Bailey said as she walked away.

I smiled at Derek. "That was easier that I thought." I chuckled. Derek laughed. "Want to get lunch? We still have awhile and I don't really feel like sitting it bed all day." I asked. "Sure." He replied. I nodded and we walked down to the cafeteria together.

I sat down at the table and he came back with a salad for him and a cheeseburger for me. "Thank you." I said as he put the food down In front of me. I dug into the burger, savoring every bite. "Derek?" I asked. "Yeah?" He replied. "Do you want to move in with me?" I blurted. "I know we already practically live together, but I was just wondering if you actually wanted to. Like permanently. If it's too soon I get it. I know it's only been like 7 months." I rambled. Derek smiled. "Of course Mer." He replied. I smiled. "Good. We can work on that next week." I replied.