Big news

(Meredith POV)

I woke up this morning with the sudden, very intense urge to throw up. I quickly got out of bed and ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toliet.

Derek got called in early this morning, so it was just me at home. I rested my head on the cool porcelain surface of the bathtub and took a deep breath. "What is wrong with me?" I muttered quietly to myself. When I finished heaving, I stood up and turned the hot water on and stepped into the stream.

After washing my hair and my body, I stepped out and changed into a pair of jeans and a sweater. My jeans felt a little tighter, but I didn't think anything of it at the time. I quickly ran downstaids and left the house. I didn't feel particularly sick, but I felt a little off today.

Once I got to the hospital, I changed into my scrubs and got ready for my whipple. "Grey!" Bailey said as she came up to me. Her face contorted and she squinted. "You feeling okay? You look a little pale." Bailey said. "I'm fine. What's up?" I asked. Bailey gave a skeptical look before answering. "Uh, you have a whipple this morning, right?" She asked. "I do. Then I'm off for the day." I replied. "Do you think you could watch tuck for a few hours? I have a pancreatectomy and the daycare won't take him cause he has a mild fever." Bailey asked. I smiled. "Yeah sure. How old is he again?" I asked. "He's almost 3. He is fully potty trained, and I have a bag of toys and books in the attending lounge. After your whipple I'll find you." Bailey said. "Okay." I replied. "Thansk Grey. Have fun with your whipple." Bailey said as she walked away.

I scrubbed in for my whipple and entered the OR. "Scalpel." I ordered. I made the first cut and began the surgery.

A little while into surgery, I felt the need to hurl again. "I'll be back in a minute." I said as I ran out of the OR and emptied my stomach again in the trash in the scrub room. "Mer? You okay?" Derek asked as he came into the scrub room. "I'm okay." I confirmed. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes. It's just a bug, I threw up this morning too." I replied. "If you're sick you shouldn't be operating." He said softly. "I'm not sick." I snapped. "Okay. You okay?" He asked. I nodded and went back into the OR. "Sorry about that. Let's resume." I said.

(Derek POV)

I didn't see Meredith too much today, but in the scrub room I could tell she was snappy. Maybe it's her time of the month.

A few hours later, I met Meredith in the attending lounge where she was grabbing tuck from Bailey. "Shepherd." Bailey greeted. "Hi Bailey. Hi tuck." I said In a baby voice. "What are you guys doing?" I asked. "Watching tuck for a few hours." Meredith replied. "Okay Grey, I gotta go. You good?" Bailey asked. "I'm good." Meredith confirmed. "Okay. Thansk again Grey." Bailey said as she left the room.

"Watching tuck?" I asked. "Yeah. He's cute." Meredith said with a smile as she cradled the baby to her chest. My heart always flutters when I see Meredith with kids. It wasn't often, but it was nice to see. I can just picture Meredith and I with kids and a big house, running around the yard chasing the kids.

"You sure you're feeling okay?" I asked. "I'm okay Derek. Really." Meredith said. I smiled and nodded. "Want to play house with me?" Meredith asked as a smile graced her face. I smiled. "Sure." I said. "Tuck and I are going to get some food. Wanna come?" She asked. "Sure." I replied. We walked out together and got to the cafeteria.

"You think they have meatloaf?" Meredith asked randomly. "Uh, probably not. What brought this on?" I asked with a smile. "I don't know. I'm really craving meatloaf." Meredith replied. "They have cheeseburgers?" I offered. Meredith nodded and brought tuck to a table.

I brought back the food and smiled when I saw tuck on Merediths legs, and Meredith feeding him. "Here ya go." I said as I placed the tray down. "Thank you." Meredith said.

After we ate, we played with tuck for a while before Bailey came and took him back.

"Derek?" Meredith asked. "Yeah Mer?" I asked as I looked at her. "I think I might be pregnant." She said with a smile. My jaw dropped and I stared at her. "Really?" I asked in astonishment. "Yeah." She replied. "Reallt?" I asked with a huge smile. She nodded. I went over and hugged her tightly. I kissed her passionately and hugged her once again.

"Let's go take a blood test." Meredith said. I nodded and grabbed her hand before leading her to an exam room.

"Small pinch." I said. I entered in the needle and got a vial of blood. "I'm gonna go tell the lab to put a rush on these. I'll be back." I said. I ran to the lab and told them techs to put a rush on them.

"Is that why you were sick this morning? And during surgery?" I asked softly as we waited for the results. "Yeah. And why I wanted meatloaf probably." She said with a chuckle. "Dr Shepherd." An intern said as he entered the room. He handed me the labs and left her room.

"Ready?" I asked. "Yeah." Meredith whispered. I looked at the labs and my heart jolted in excitement when I saw the word. "Positive." I whispered. "Positive." Meredith repeated. I looked up at her and met her teary gaze. "We're having a baby!" She exclaimed happily. "We're having a baby!" I parroted. I took her into my arms and spun her around. "I love you so much." I said. "I love you too." She whispered. I put my hands on her stomach and kissed her.

I bent down so I was eye level with her flat stomach. "Hi baby. I'm your daddy. I love you so much." I whispered.

(Meredith POV)

Positive. Positive. Positive.

That's the one word that's been on repeat since We found out.

"I love you so much baby." Derek said as he bent back down to my stomach. He kissed it and stood back up. "You're feeling okay, right?" Derek asked, going into protective mode already. "Yes, Derek. I'm good. And guess what?" I asked. "What?" He replied. "Baby is making me horny." I whispered with a smirk. "Oh is it?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Mm." I moaned as he kissed me deeply. He picked me up and we went to the bedroom, where we spent the night celebrating the life that we made.