Bored

(Meredith POV)

I've been at home for a few days now, and I'm going in for my first PT appointment. I pulled out my phone and texted Derek.

"I have PT at 10. Could you pick me up? I'll just get a cab if not."

"Of course. Be there soon. Miss u. - Derek."

"Miss u too."

I've talked to Derek multiple times in the last few days. He's called me a lot, and texted. I really like him. I changed into some loose sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and went downstairs to wait for Derek. I grabbed a banana and snacked on that to kill time.

"Hey!" Derek greeted as he came into the house. I gingerly walked over to him and walked into his arms, resting my head on his chest. I missed the warmth of him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. I pulled back just enough to see his face, and smiled. "I missed you." I said. He smiled. "I missed you too, Mer. How are you feeling?" He asked. "Okay. Sore. But I'm good. Bored out of my mind." I replied with a chuckle. "I bet. Let's get you to the car." He said. He wrapped his arm around my waist and helped me outside and into his car.

When we got there, the hospital was pretty quiet. Derek guided me in and we went to the PT room. "Grey!" A familiar voice yelled. I turned around and saw Bailey walking towards us. "Hi dr Bailey." I said. "How you feeling Grey?" She asked. "I'm okay. Sore, but I'm going to PT now." I replied. "Good. Listen, I gotta go, but good luck." She said as she ran off. I smiled at Derek and we walked into the PT room. "I'll see you in a few hours." Derek said. He gave me a quick kiss and left the room.

"Hi Lieutenant Grey, I'm Dr. Davis, your physical therapist. Shall we get started?" He asked. I nodded and we began.

A few hours later, I was feeling even worse than before. I walked out very slowly, and met Derek outside.

(Derek POV)

"How did it go?" I asked. I immediately noticed her pained expression. "I thought PT was supposed to help." She scoffed. I frowned. "It will. You have to give it time." I said reassuringly. I kissed the side of her head and wrapped my arm around her waist, taking some weight off of her. She leaned into me, and we walked back out.

"Want to pick up some food?" I asked as we got into the car. "Sure." She responded. "Chinese sound good?" I asked. She nodded. I could tell she was in pain. "You can take pain meds right when we get to your house." I said. She nodded and groaned.

I ordered a ton of food ag the Chinese place and hauled it out to the car, to find Meredith half asleep. I quietly got in and turned the car on and drive to her house.

I drove the car up and got out around to Merediths side. I opened her door and carefully picked her up in my arms. She nuzzled her head into my neck and sighed. I smiled at how content she was. I opened the door and carefully lowered her onto the couch. I found a blanket and wrapped it around her small body.

I went back out to the car and grabbed the Chinese food. I figured I'd just leave to her to eat later, and I'd leave. I don't know if she wants me to stay or not. I put the food on the counter and walked over to her. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. As I was about to walk away, her tiny hand reached out and grasped my scrub top. "Stay." She said sleepily. I smiled. "Okay." I replied. "Sleep." She said. I was hesitant at first, but I smushed behind her on the small couch and draped an arm around her waist. She melted into my body and grabbed my hand. I dug my nose into her hair, and immediately got a nice floral scent. I sighed happily and closed my eyes.

(Meredith POV)

I woke up with a warm body behind me and a secure arm around my waist. "Der?" I mumbled. "Good morning. Or good afternoon I should say." He replied. I turned in his hold and faced him. I buried my head into his chest and felt him kiss my forehead. "I'm hungry." I said. My stomach agreed and rumbled. "We got Chinese earlier, remember?" He asked. I nodded and slowly stood up. Derek got up behind me and put his hand on the small of my back, leading me into the kitchen.

Derek grabbed a plate of food and gave it to me. I sat down and dug in, Derek doing the same. We ate in a comfortable silence. "That was so good." I said as I finished eating. "I agree." Derek said as he got up and put our plates in the sink. "What do you want to do now?" He asked. "I want to cut. Like just an appy. Anything. I'm Bored." I complained. Derek smiled amused. "Do you have any surgeries on tape?" He asked. My eyes lit up. "Yes! My mothers surgeries. Their in my bedroom on my dresser. Let me go get them." I said as I got up. "No, I'll get them. You sit on the couch." He said. I smiled and sat down. "3rd door on the left." I said. He smiled and accesended up the stairs.

(Derek POV)

I jogged up the stairs and looked around. There were about 6 rooms, 3 on each side. I opened the door to Merediths room and looked around. Her room was pretty plain. Queen size bed, a dresser, and a big closet. I walked to her dresser and looked around, immediately noticing the picture of her in her army uniform. This must've been the day she graduated. She was smiling, and she was with Cristina. I smiled at the picture and looked around some more and found a bunch of tapes. I grabbed about 5 and went back downstairs.

"Got a few." I said as I saw Meredith curled up on the couch. She smiled and i put them down in front of her. "Oooh. Can we watch the pancreatectomy?" She asked eagerly. I nodded and put the tape into the VCR. I sat down on the couch next to her, and pulled the blanket over the both of us. I put an arm around her, pulling her closer to me. She put her head on my chest, and that was our night.