Better looks

(Meredith POV)

At around 6, I got myself situated in a room and started on pre op medication. "Ready Grey?" Mark asked as he came into the room. "Hell yeah." I replied. "You sure about this?" Derek asked worriedly. "Yes, Derek. Stop worrying. It's okay." I reassured. "Okay. Let's get you to the OR." Mark said.

Derek and Mark both wheeled me out of the room and into an OR. They transferred me onto the table while they scrubbed in.

"Okay Grey, we're gonna sedate you now so your going to feel a bit foggy and sleepy." Mark explained. "Okay." I replied. The anesthesiologist pushed some sedation, and I immediately felt the affect. "Grey, we're starting." Mark said. I laughed. I don't even know why I laughed.

I felt my eyes drooping, but I didn't want to sleep. "Derekkkkkkk." I said. "Yes Meredith?" Derek asked with a smile. "Your silly." I slurred. "Am I?" Derek retorted. "Mhm." I murmured. "I LOVE YOU." I yelled for some reason. "Shhh. I love you too." Derek said, suppressing a laugh. "Is she always like this on drugs?" Mark asked with a chuckle. "I don't know. I've only ever seen her like this once or twice." Derek replied honestly.

(Derek POV)

"Mark, did you know Derek has a magic pen-." Meredith started. "Okayyy that's enough." I cut in, my face during beet red. Mark smirked. "So Mer, what was the toughest surgery you've ever done in the desert?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation away from my penis. "Hmm. Well a lot of them. I had this one guy, I don't remember his name, but he was hit by the blast when a bomb went off. His whole abdomen was tore open. I knew I had to stop the pressure, so I just laid on him. For 4 hours. But he couldn't hold out. He died." Meredith answered. "I'm sorry Mer." I murmered. "It's okay." She said. "Does anyone have cake?" She blurted out randomly. "No sorry Grey." Mark replied. "Can you get some?" Meredith asked. "Later Meredith." I said.

"Okay. All done." Mark said as he put his tools down. "Can I see?" Meredith asked. Mark nodded and angled the mirror towards her stomach. "It's gonna be a little swollen for a few hours, but that will go away. I will put the cream on once you get settled in your room." Mark explained. Meredith nodded, her eyes closing. "Let's get her back in her room." Mark said. Mark and I  both scrubbed out and met Meredith in the room. "Thank you mark." I said. "No problem Shep. See you around." Mark replied as he parted ways.

I sat down next to the bed and looked at Meredith for a while, studying her features. "How was it?" Richard asked as she came in. "Went perfectly. She should be back to work In a week." I explained. "Good." He replied. "How has she been doing? With work and everything?" He asked. "Good. Long surgeries still bother her, but hopefully the ointment Mark gave us with help. We're also moving in together soon, so we're excited about that." I said with a smile. "That's great!" He said. He patted my back and excused himself from the room.

I looked back at Meredith and saw her stirring. I got up and sat down on the bed with her.  "Hi Mer." I whispered as I stroked her face lovingly. "Hi der." She replied. "How you feeling?" I asked. "Good." She answered. I leant down and kissed her on the lips chastely. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." She pulled me down onto bed and she situated herself so that she could rest her head on my chest. She snuggled into the crook of my neck and draped an arm around my waist, holding me in place. I smiled and put my arm around her neck. I kissed her head and inhaled her intoxicating scent.

"Mer?" I asked. "Yeah?" She mumbled. "You know your beautiful, right?" I asked, needing her to know. She mumbled something incoherent and burrowed her head into my chest. I tilted her chin up so that she was looking at me. "Your beautiful." I said sternly. "I have scars everywhere." She murmured. "Hey. I don't care about your scars. Those scars represent where you've been and your journey. Those scars, make you who you are. And I love you for them. Your beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, and I love everything about you. And when we make love, those scars remind me of what a force of nature you are." I explained. I watched her eyes fill with tears and she burrowed her head into my chest once again. "Thank you." She said quietly. I wrapped my arms around her once again and pulled her close. She embraced the hug and I felt her drift off to sleep again.

(Meredith POV)

I don't know what I did to deserve Derek. He is seriously a dream. I hate my scars, but Derek embraces them. He makes me feel loved and safe and secure. I'm not used to people saying stuff like that. It's never happened.

I awakened and felt a strong body holding me tight. I looked up and saw Derek sleeping peacefully. He had a slight stubble, most likely because he forgot to shave, and his features were peaceful and delicate.

"Grey." Mark whispered as he came in. He turned his gaze to Derek and smiled at us. "How you feeling?" He asked. "Good. Doesn't hurt right now." I whispered quietly. "That's good. You can probably be discharged in a few hours. But you have to rest for at least 5 days when you get home." Mark said. I nodded. "Thank you Mark." I said genuinely. "No problem Grey. Oh, and here." He said. He tossed me the bottle of ointment and smiled. "Thanks." I said. He nodded and left the room. I snuggled back up to Derek, who was now waking.

"Mm hi." He mumbled. "Hi." I replied. "How you doing?" He asked. "Good. Mark said I could be discharged In a few." I answered. "That's good. You want me to grab something to eat now or wait till home?" He asked. "Home." I replied. He nodded and smiled.

A few hours later, I was discharged and Derek brought me home. We sat down on the couch and cuddled all day, watching movies.