Peaceful

(Meredith POV) kind of a filler chapter...sorry

I woke up in my bed, which was weird because I don't remember going to sleep in my bed. I turned around and felt dereks protective arm draped over my abdomen. I kissed his jawline and stubble and snuggled into his embrace, resting my head in between his neck and shoulder.

"Good morning." He mumbled. "Morning." I said sleepily. "How you feeling?" He asked. "Sore. But good." I replied. "What do you want to do today? Mark said to take it easy but you can still do stuff." Derek asked. "Can we go on a ferry boat?" I asked. "I domt know why but I really want to go on one today." I added. "Sure Mer. Let's get some breakfast first." Derek said. I nodded and he pulled me up out of the bed and into his arms. He hugged me for a moment before letting me go and kissing me quickly.

We made our way downstairs and Derek went into the fridge and got out eggs, bacon, bread, and butter to cook. He started up the stove and cracked a few eggs in.

"So, ferry boats today?" Derek asked. "Yeah. I just really want to see one. I haven't been in a while." I explained. He nodded. "Mer? What's the deal with Richard and you?" He asked out of the blue. "Why does it matter?" I replied, not knowing where this was going. "I don't know. He's just protective over you and he seems to know a lot about you." Derek explained. "He used to date my mom. Him and I were pretty close until he broke my mother's heart." I answered. "He was like a father to me." I added. "What-what happened to your father?" Derek asked hesitantly. "He left when I was 5. Haven't seen him since." I said. Derek frowned. "Oh I'm sorry Mer." Derek murmered. "It's okay." I said with a smile.

(Derek POV)

I couldn't imagine my father just leaving. My dad died when I was 10, but leaving? That must've been awful for Meredith. "Ready to go?" I asked as we finished breakfast. She nodded and gingerly walked over to grab a coat.

I helped her put the coat on and led her out the door into the car. "Derek?" Meredith asked. I nodded and looked over at her. "What is your family like?" She asked. "Well, my mom is amazing. I have 4 sisters, very girly, tons of kids. I have...14 nieces, 9 nephews. And My dad passed away when I was 10." Derek said. Merediths eyes went wide at the size of my family. "I'm sorry about your dad, Der." She said. "Me too." I said with a sad smile. "Mer...do you want to... meet them?" I asked nervously. "Oh, uh, Derek. I'm not good with family. They'd hate me. I've never really had a family." Meredith rambled. "Okay Mer. Just a suggestion. But I want you to meet them when your ready." I said softly. She nodded.

We pulled into the parking lot and as I was about to get out, Meredith stopped me. "Wait!" She exclaimed. "I'll meet your family." She blurted. I smiled wide, and my brow furrowed at the sudden change in thought. "I'll have to do it eventually, right? So why not get it over with." Meredith said. I smiled and kissed her over the middle compartment.

We got out of the car and hand in hand walked to the ferry boat. I led her onto the deck and we sailed away.

I saw her shiver as we were making small talk, so I moved behind her and put my arms around her small waist, holding her tightly and pinning her against the railing. I let my hands rest on her lower stomach, transferring the heat. She leant back and rested her head on my shoulder, and I just cherished this moment. Everything was well, and everything was peaceful. It was perfect.

"Der! Look!" Meredith exclaimed as she pointed out to the ocean. There was a dolphin that was jumping out of the water. Meredith laughed and smiled brightly. I loved seeing her this happy and this laid back.

(Meredith POV)

Being on the ferry boat with the man I love is a moment I will never forget. As a kid, I never got this opportunity to just be relaxed. I leant back into dereks warm body and smiled in contentment. After my injury, it was hard getting back on track and stopping my mind. I still really want to go back to the field, but I think I'm finally starting to feel at home in Seattle, with Derek, with Mark, Bailey, Richard. It feels good now.

"You feeling okay?" Derek asked. "I am." I said with a smile. "Thank you." I said randomly. "For what?" Derek asked in confusion. "For always being here for me. After my accident, I didn't think i could be happy again without being able to be in the field. That was my happiness. But you. You came into my life and you brought the light back into my life. And I love you for that." I rambled, my face during a shade of pink. Derek smiled dreamily and leant in. He pushed his lips against mine and slipped his tongue in.

After our moment, he pulled away and enveloped me into a big hug. "I love you so much Meredith grey." He said. "And I love you Derek Shepherd." I said with a big smile. "Still want to move in next week?" I asked. "Of course Mer. I can't wait." Derek said softly. Meredith smiled.

When the ferry boat got back to the dock, Derek and I left and got back into the car. "Want to get mcdonalds?" He asked. "You know me so well." I replied with a chuckle. He smiled and drove off to the nearest McDonaldss

"What do you want?" He asked. "Quarter pounder meal with cheese. Oh, and an m&m mcflurry please." I said with a smile. Derek recited our order to the cashier and we got out food.

When we got home, I changed into some pajamas and Met Derek on the couch where we enjoyed our dinner together.

This is kind of a lame chapter, but I have some good ideas for the next ones!