20 weeks

(Meredith POV)

I woke up around 7. I had to be in at 8 for work. I slowly got out of bed and quietly tip toed into the bathroom. I stripped my clothes down to my bra and panties and just looked at my body. There were pretty prominent changes. My waist and breasts were fuller, and my stomach had a slight bump only detectable to those who knew to look for it.

I was so caught up in observing the changes of my body that I didn't even notice Derek sneak in behind me. He wrapped his arms around my bare torso and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"You're beautiful." He said as he pressed kissed on my shoulder. I blushed and smiled. "You aren't too bad yourself." I replied. "How's bear behaving?" Derek asked. "Good. I can't wait to find out with its a boy or a girl." Meredith said happily. "Me either Mer.  A few hours." Derek said.

I turned in his hold and pressed my lips to his. He pulled away a little after a minute and I suddenly felt self conscious. "I love you so much." He said softly as he tore his gaze away from my body and looked at me in the eyes. "I love you too. Want to take a shower?" I replied. "Sure. But only if you do the bendy thing if you want to have sex." Derek said. "When do I not want to have sex?" I said with a chuckle. Derek pressed his lips against my and picked me up into the steaming hot water.

30 minutes later, I was running late due to our detour and I ran out this house, pulling Derek along. Our appointment wasn't until 11, but I had rounds at 8. I kissed Derek goodbye quickly before getting out of the car and jogging into the hospital.

(Derek POV)

After Meredith and I took a shower and she dragged me out of the house, I enetered the hospital and was immediately approached by Bailey. "Shepherd!" She said. "What's up Bailey?" I asked. "How's Grey doing? I have a big tumor removal today, and when I say big, I mean big. Like around the heart and stomach, everything. If she's up to it I want her to help." Bailey explained. "I think she's feeling good today." I replied with a subtle smirk. "It's gonna be long, probably like 7 hours. It starts at 2." Bailey said. "Just in case you wanna be all hover-y." She added with a smile. I nodded. "Thanks. I'll be there to watch. We have an OB appointment in an hour and a half." I said.

"That's good. Let me know how it goes." Bailey said as she turned around and left. I smiled and went to go do a few charts and rounds before our appointment.

(Meredith POV)

"Grey!" Bailey yelled. I walked over to her, slightly nervous. "What is it?" I asked. "I have a big tumor removal at 2. You feeling up for it?" Bailey asked. "Hell yeah." I replied. "Good. It'll be long, and you will take breaks, but it should be fun." Bailey said sternly. "Okay. Thansk Bailey." I said. She nodded and turned away.

An hour later, it was time for our appointment. I met Derek on the OB floor and he took my hand. "Ready?" He asked. "Ready." I repeated. We sat together in the waiting room. "Meredith Grey?" The doctor called. We stood up and the nurse led us to a room. "Everything off except your bra and undergarments please. The doctor will be right in." The nurse said before leaving.

I quickly changed into the gown sat down on the exam table. My fingers tapped against the table, which is what I do when I get nervous. Derek placed his hand gently on mind. "Relax. It'll be okay." He said softly. I nodded and tried to ease my mind.

"Dr Grey, dr Shepherd, how are we doing today?" Connie asked as she came in the room. "Good. Nervous, excited." Meredith said. "That's normal. Ready to find out what gender baby Shepherd is?" She asked. "Yes." The soon to be parents responded.

"Please pull your shirt up." Connie said as she prepared the ultrasound. Meredith slid down the table slightly and lifted her gown up. She squirted the cool gel onto her stomach and smoothed it around. Derek squeezed Merediths hand assuringly and gave her a slight nod. "Everything...looks good right now. Good size, good weight." Connie said. "And shall we move to the side..." Connie said.

"And....looks like baby Shepherd is a...boy!" Connie revealed. Meredith and Derek both had tears streaming out of their eyes. "Bear is a boy." Meredith whispered. "Our baby bear is a boy." Derek repeated. "Congratulations you guys. I'll print out some pictures." Connie said as she left the room for a minute.

(Derek POV)

Words couldn't describe the joy I felt. Meredith and I were going to have a son. My baby boy. "I love you so much." I said in admiration. "I love you too Der." Meredith responded. "And I love you baby boy." I whispered as I put my hands on her small bump. "We both do." Meredith whispered as she covered my hands.

Connie handed us a bunch of ultrasound pictures and we left the room in awe. "So? Is baby Shepherd a boy or a girl?" Mark asked as we approached him, Richard, April, Jackson, and Bailey. "It's a boy!" I exlcimaed happily. "We got another mini mcdreamy on our hands!" Bailey exclaimed. "I'll teach him how to get the girls." Mark said. "Uh, no you won't. No girls. Ever." Meredith said, her motherly instincts shining through. Everyone laughed. "Congratulations you guys." April said. "Thank you." Meredith and I responded.

(Meredith POV)

I was over the moon. Derek and I having a baby boy was the best news I could possibly get. Actually, when Connie told us the baby was healthy that was the best.

I scrubbed in with Bailey, our cardio attending Dr Issac, and our trauma attending Dr Hunt, who just came back drom the army as well.

"So Grey, you're having a boy?" Bailey asked. "I am." I confirmed, not being able to hide the grin. "Congratulations Grey." She said genuinely. "Thank you." I replied. "Grey, you were in the army, right?" Hunt asked. "I was." I replied. "What's the worst you've ever seen?" Hunt asked. "Hmm. One time, we were ambushed with a bomb. I wasn't injured, but one of my friends was pretty badly. Her abdomen was torn open. The only thing I could think of to stop the bleeding was to lay on top of her. She was one big hole. She survived though." I said.

"Me too. Except mine had a body full of holes from multiple gunshot wounds." Hunt replied. "That's like Grey when she came in here probably." Bailey said. Owen looked at me with a confused expression. "My troop was ambushed. 6 gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen. I was brought here and since I couldn't go back to the army, Richard offered me a job here and I took it." I explained. He nodded.

About 3 hours into the surgery, the strain in my stomach was starting to bother me. I stepped back and sat down in the chair that was in ever OR, mainly just for me. I took a few minutes before resuming the surgery.

I got home that night and Derek and I spent the night celebrating our Baby Bear.

Longer chapter today! Baby bear is a boy 🐻 hope you guys enjoyed this chapter